As a Content Specialist on the team, you would be the voice for our local business customers located throughout the country -- crafting original content and posting it across social media. We work to connect local businesses with their customers as well as new potential customers online, and protect and enhance their online reputation by managing customer reviews on platforms like Yelp, Google, and TripAdvisor. As a company, our mission is to help local businesses and their customers discover one another.
- Create original written and visual content for a wide-ranging portfolio of local businesses located throughout the country -- this means everything from restaurants, bars, and nightlife to boutiques and auto repair.
- Use independent judgment combined with the identity of the customer to highlight the customer’s brand and voice with end consumers.
- Engage and connect with online audiences, fans, and consumers on Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yelp, and TripAdvisor.
- Collaborate with teammates across departments, implement customer feedback, innovate on strategies, and help develop best practices.
- Utilize a critical eye for your own work to ensure clean, high-quality content that supports customer brand focus.
- Use discretion to act on customer’s feedback and social marketing trends to increase customer’s exposure.
- Confidently balance daily and weekly deadlines with department initiatives, utilizing multiple tools.
- Take on any other responsibilities that may arise in a fast-moving, startup environment.
- Excellent writing and communications skills (sentence structure, grammar, varied vocabulary, spelling, style, strong typing speed with high accuracy, and attention to detail).
- A creative mindset that shows through your work.
- Customer-first attitude and the ability to adapt your writing voice to various audiences.
- Be able to use independent judgement to improve a customer’s marketing potential.
- Passion for helping local businesses.
- Deadline-driven and detail-oriented attitude and aptitude.
- Personal ambition to embrace challenges and go the extra mile.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Familiarity with major social media platforms. You can easily translate messages on different platforms to reach different audiences.
- You’re a self-starter. You get a thrill from checking things off of your to-do list.
- Writing engaging content is second nature to you.
- Familiarity with basic design principles and lightweight visual design tools.
- Bachelor's degree in communication, business, or related discipline.
- Mission-driven, values-based culture.
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision option.
- Commuter benefits for qualifying public transit.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- 401(k) match.
- Paid parental leave.
- Professional development and experience, including opportunities to grow your career, working for one of most ambitious companies in Austin.