Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
You are a self-directed, experienced programmer who enjoys the trade-offs and complexities involved in implementing new features in a mature codebase. You enjoy putting your head down and writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't done when that code gets deployed: you also enjoy working with support, ops, and other teams to keep applications healthy and users happy. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems, but you're aware that favoring older technologies doesn't imply letting your skillset stagnate. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down and fixed them. You're comfortable using git in a continuous Integration environment, and you're not afraid to dig into configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef.
We allow for flexible hours and some telecommute options, but you should be in the Atlanta office most days. We don’t care about pedigree or what languages or stacks you've worked in, we're just looking for great engineers.
What you'll do:
- Write and maintain scalable, efficient code for the MailChimp application
- Share expertise with Development teammates through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, and other avenues
- Provide mentorship for fellow team members
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team
- Work with design and engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation
- Work independently with minimal supervision
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience developing new and enhancing existing features as well as investigating and resolving defects
- You adhere to internal coding standards, development processes and design best practices
- You ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- You help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- You are passioniate for building great web applications and thirst for learning new ways to deliver great software products
- You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
Mailchimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.