MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
We’re hiring a Director of Marketing Content to lead our team of writers, editors, and content managers within the Marketing department. The main goal of this position is to drive new and existing business through a holistic and scalable content program. We’re looking for a wordsmith who loves the strategy and planning side of content, as well as the writing and production side. The ideal candidate can think like an educator and be an advocate for our customers. You’ll map out MailChimp’s marketing content strategy to support our customer acquisition, education, and feature adoption initiatives. You’ll directly lead the team of writers and editors producing content every day. You’ll also partner with Design and other departments to make sure all of our content is on-brand and consistent with MailChimp’s voice. You’ll hold our content to high standards of clarity, usefulness, and style. As the Director of Marketing Content, you’ll have the potential to make a big impact on the organization and help small businesses around the world grow.
- Plan content based on high-level business goals and marketing strategy
- Develop standards, best practices, and workflows for content creation, distribution, maintenance, retrieval, repurposing, and retiring
- Manage a content calendar across marketing, product, and social
- Work closely with Marketing, Design, and Product to ensure content is optimized for search and user experience for all channels
- Work with the Brand team to integrate content into marketing campaigns
- Work with the Optimization team to gauge content effectiveness
- Work with content owners across the company to refine and measure content performance against marketing goals
- Organize and lead a growing team of writers, editors, and content managers
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, or a related communications field. 8-10 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel marketing and content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Experience hiring and managing a team of content creators and strategists
- Proven editorial skills and experience in multimedia storytelling
- A passion for small business and new technology tools
- Project management skills to maintain editorial schedules and deadlines within seasonal and ongoing campaigns
- Understanding of SEO best practices and experience implementing information architecture to make content easier to discover
- Basic understanding of HTML, Google Analytics, social media marketing applications, and social media monitoring platforms
- Experience working in e-commerce and SMB related fields is a plus
- Experience working on translation and localization efforts is a plus
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.