People who work for themselves fuel our economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce and create 80% of new jobs. Oftentimes the odds are stacked against them with 50% failing in the first 5 years. Intuit’s Small Business and Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) is devoted to creating solutions to meet the needs and improve the chances of success for these entrepreneurs with a portfolio of solutions from Mailchimp and QuickBooks.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking an Events Marketing Manager to join our growing Lifecycle Marketing and Operations team. In this role you will lead the development and execution of a diverse portfolio of global events (i.e., in-person, virtual, trade shows, etc.), with special emphasis on demand generating opportunities.
We are looking for an energetic, insightful event marketer who has an interest in both delivering engaging event experiences and building a successful sales pipeline. Via an understanding of the target audiences, the ideal candidate is able to design tailored event marketing strategies and tactics to attract, nurture, and ultimately convert prospective audiences into Mailchimp customers, while also growing our existing customer base as well.
You are experienced at crafting best-in-class events experiences that drive results. You excel when it comes to networking and collaborating with internal and external partners. You are highly organized and thrive in managing across multiple work-streams or in a fast-paced environment.
You seek to find the best solutions to automate and push the boundaries of marketing across owned channels (events, email, in-app, etc.) with an in-depth understanding of the complexities that come with cross-channel B2B marketing.
You are looking for your next challenge - one in which you can put your event marketing expertise into practice and see from the very beginning to future iterations how your contributions helped drive meaningful growth for an amazing company and organization.
What you’ll do here:
- Manage and execute event marketing programs (in partnership with Product Marketing, Sales, etc.) to generate awareness and demand for Mailchimp, leveraging a variety of event formats (virtual, in-person, etc.)
- Build a comprehensive annual event calendar to support meeting lead generation and customer growth forecasts consistently throughout the year. Align with Brand marketing calendar.
- Identify, evaluate, and select event and sponsorship opportunities to find and attract new audiences for demand and lead generation
- Work with outside agencies (experiential, exhibit design, etc.) and strategic partners
- Create detailed project plans (inclusive of training and contingency needs) to ensure flawless event production and execution
- Develop comprehensive cross-channel marketing plans to promote events (pre-, during, and post) to achieve event objectives and KPIs
- Support lifecycle marketing nurture campaigns by audience type across email, push, sms and in product communications to achieve lead and conversion goals post-event
- Leverage positioning, messaging, buyer personas and other information to target segments and generate highly qualified leads.
- Rigorously manage, measure, and analyze all events, marketing campaigns and tactics driving to conversion rate increases and funnel optimization.
- Manage and reconcile event budgets monthly
- Analyze outcomes, provide insights and present results to facilitate sound decision-making.
- Collaborate/participate in planning and reviews with senior marketing leaders and cross-functional partners.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years hands-on experience in Events and/or lead generation.
- You are highly collaborative in your approach with partnering effectively with many different internal and external stakeholders, including Sales teams and Event Organizers.
- You have both hybrid and in-person events management experience and are also well connected in the B2B Events world (a plus).
- You possess knowledge of best practices in B2B marketing automation, demand generation, and rules-based lead nurturing.
- You have a proven track record with managing pipeline generation, lead scoring, and managing integrated demand generation campaigns from concept to ROI analysis.
- You are relentlessly data driven; focus on funnel optimization and optimization of the sales and marketing process.
- You have a competitive spirit with a strong bias for action for constant rapid testing, learning and iterating and have proven examples of how you have used this to deliver meaningful results.
- You are a self-starter and thrive when building something new, whether it’s initiating and leading efforts, projects and programs.
- You are extremely organized, dependable and a stickler for the details.
- You are flexible and adaptive to change with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- You have prior software industry experience with B2B marketing; experience with SaaS based marketing solutions a plus
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.