People who work for themselves fuel our economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce and create 80% of new jobs. Oftentimes the odds are stacked against them with 50% failing in the first 5 years. Intuit’s Small Business and Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) is devoted to creating solutions to meet the needs and improve the chances of success for these entrepreneurs with a portfolio of solutions from Mailchimp and QuickBooks.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking a Director of Global Marketing Operations to join our growing Lifecycle Marketing and Operations team. This is a new role, responsible for Marketing Technology and Operations internationally. All marketing, from Prospecting and Events through Onboarding and Engagement to Retention is executed by this team. It is a highly cross-functional role requiring both strategic and tactical execution, exceptional technical acumen and the ability to build and lead a team. It’s a great opportunity to design from the ground up, using your previous experience to input into the marketing strategy and make recommendations on how to use technology to take that strategy to the next level.
What you’ll do here:
- Build your team and foster a growth mindset, dedicating time to coaching and development and elevating the value created by each individual.
- Deliver on the Mailchimp vision to create omni-channel personalized experiences in real time across all touchpoints. To do this you’ll architect the marketing technology infrastructure and use the right tools to enhance the current customer experience working closely with various teams across the business.
- Be accountable for the Mailchimp Marketing Technology strategy, architecture and implementation including integration and configuration with multiple data sources in partnership with our GTM technology team.
- Partner with the Data Services team to implement a CDP (Segment) ensuring optimal setup to unlock capabilities that will support the delivery of the Marketing strategy.
- Own the Lifecycle Marketing Operations strategy across multiple countries.
- Collaborate closely internally, building partnerships across GTM, Sales Ops, Customer Success and Data Engineering to deliver the best experiences for the end-customer
- Define and optimize build and implementation processes, workflows, and automations that drive team effectiveness.
- Work with key partners (including analytics, marketing and sales teams) to gain qualitative and quantitative insights to understand levers to create omni-channel and personalized customer experiences across all platforms.
- Champion best in class practices when it comes to data governance and data integrity ensuring customer preferences are respected across all channels.
- Create an ongoing training program for all MarTech tools and processes including ideation sessions for new feature releases to ensure the latest capabilities are always being utilized.
- Work with the Senior Director of Lifecycle Marketing and Operations to define the operating model and ways of working across the team evaluating the benefits of agile methodologies to deliver regularly and iteratively.
- Manage multiple databases and define processes to ensure we uphold high data hygiene standards. You’ll continuously improve and optimize processes and develop and execute a strategy for monitoring and improving gaps in data health and ESP performance.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a 10+ years experience in marketing operations or marketing automation roles with at least 5 of those in operations.
- Have significant expertise in automation platforms, CDPs and data visualization software and can get into the technical setup and implementation of these tools.
- You have strong data management abilities including data hygiene and quality assurance and can implement processes to ensure global compliance.
- You are up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in marketing operations and marketing technology and actively seek growth and learning opportunities.
- You consider yourself an expert in SMB SaaS marketing best practices, including understanding the nuances of tech requirements.
- You have strong leadership and communication skills to drive recommendations, articulate trade-offs and communicate results and plans.
- You are customer obsessed and understand the need to put customers at the center of all programs and engage with them seamlessly across all touch points in real-time.
- You can set a clear vision and help the team achieve it at the highest level of craft.
- You have excellent analytical skills and problem solving capabilities and collaborate courageously to get the job done.
- You have experience working cross-functionally and managing senior level stakeholders, both technical and non-technical.
- You can use your knowledge to make a difference within an organization and have the tenacity to push things forward and sustain momentum.
- You know how to inspire and motivate others to achieve their best work.
- You have a competitive spirit with a strong bias for action for constant rapid testing, learning and improvement.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.