As a leading player in the provision of cloud-based marketing platform services, Mailchimp seeks to develop, market and deliver winning product features and performance, and develop and leverage advantaged capabilities to create the best possible value and experience to our small and medium sized business customers. In line with the current strategy, the Company is working to:
- Make smart investment choices to accelerate growth. We're pursuing strategies to continue strengthening our leadership position in email marketing as well as delivering meaningful growth through effective revenue management, the provision of extended ranges of full-service marketing functionality, international market development and partnership programs.
- Develop a winning set of capabilities to meet the needs of our customers, including data analytics and insights; automation and other innovation; and end-to-end customer experience.
- Continually improve Mailchimp’s overall effectiveness by changing the way it works at the operational, organizational and individual levels in order to transform to a more mature, high-growth company.
In support of this strategy, we are currently investing in building our corporate strategy organization. This team will be responsible for the articulation of overall company strategy and growth targets, as well as the design, activation, and execution of major strategic initiatives meant to unlock step-change growth for the business.
What you'll do here:
You will work with the VP Strategy & Business Operations, and other company leaders to support the activation of major strategic initiatives across the company. Working at the intersection of strategy and execution, you will play a critical role in ensuring the success of Mailchimp’s most important projects. You will help evaluate strategic priorities and opportunities, build roadmaps that maximize growth and company value, frame options and facilitate trade-off decisions, and ensure strategic projects are set up to succeed.
Strategic Initiative Definition
- Help to define the strategic initiatives (or “Big Bets”) that will enable Mailchimp to achieve its corporate objectives, including growth targets
- Assist with identifying resource needs and key leaders for Strategic Initiatives
- Conduct external/competitor research, market sizing, growth projections to define the guardrails and OKR’s for Big Bets
- When needed, partner with internal research teams and/or external consultants to conduct user research (e.g., surveys, user interviews) that informs target segmentation, user positioning, and/or key features to build
- Partner with initiative owners to build comprehensive roadmaps to accomplish initiative’s key objectives within set timelines
- Identify dependencies across initiatives and recommend options for resolution
Strategic Initiative Management
- Ensures Big Bets are effectively executing against roadmaps by monitoring and reporting on progress, proactively flagging potential issues, roadblocks, and opportunities for pivots, and providing ad-hoc support where needed
- When major decisions or changes are needed, help to identify option sets, evaluate trade-offs through quantitative analysis, and support Owner and SLT in finalizing and communicating decisions
- Continually evaluate resourcing (staffing, budgets, etc... ) and suggest changes where needed
We'd love to hear from you if have:
- 5+ years of applied work experience in corporate or business development, corporate strategic planning, finance or related field, preferably within management consulting
- Prior work experience within a technology (software) company or knowledge of the technology/ SaaS industry (Highly valued)
- Prior experience participating in or leading strategic planning activities, including demonstrated experience designing & enabling execution of complex, cross-functional initiatives, within a large-scale transformation context preferred.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and quantitative modeling
- Proven experience structuring ambiguous problems, analyzing data from a variety of sources (quantitative and qualitative), synthesizing into insights, and driving toward actionable recommendations
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.