Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are currently looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join our Advanced Smart Customer Platform Initiative. The Advanced Smart Customer Platform team builds industry-leading smart functionality to ensure whenever our customers speak to their audience, it is both efficient and effective. This manager will be focused on delivering more tooling to activate data science in the platform and provide actionable insights. This role will lead 2 tracks with 2-3 teams each, and increase user perception on advanced analytic capabilities.
We consistently iterate and launch new features based on our users needs, and leverage Mailchimp's feature-rich marketing platform to serve recommendations and personalization so our small business clients can market like pros.
This role sits at the nexus of Mailchimp’s Engineering, Design, Customer Experience, and Product teams, building systems to support a great experience for Mailchimp’s customers. Our ideal candidate is excited to help Mailchimp customers connect with their customers. We are looking for an enthusiastic and effective collaborator, eager to work across the organization, and be the voice for Engineering when making decisions for our long-term roadmaps and short-term goals.
What you’ll do here:
- You'll manage and grow a high performing, diverse team of Engineers, Engineering Managers, and consultants in Atlanta, Brooklyn, and Oakland.
- You'll cultivate healthy channels for communication, review, and feedback.You'll clearly and effectively communicate across departments, teams, and management tiers.
- You'll maintain a sense of camaraderie, cooperation, and collaboration among team members. Ensure that members of the team feel psychologically safe. Support and encourage those who face challenging situations.
- You'll build a common mindset by aligning groups of people along shared goals.
- You'll recognize team members's desire to do good work, cultivate their intrinsic motivations and strengths, and connect them with the resources they need to be successful by establishing flexible systems for ensuring accountability.
- You'll provide coaching, mentoring, and encouragement to team members. Effectively acknowledge and reward both individual and team efforts. Support employees in their skill development in ways that meet both strategic organizational goals and their individual objectives.
- You'll facilitate open and honest dialog within the team, drawing on the broad experiences and diverse perspectives of team members. Coordinate healthy discussions, and work to establish consent when consensus is unattainable.
- You'll cultivate and solicit honest feedback about your own performance. Put in time and energy to learn to be more effective when coaching, delivering feedback, and developing others, and to understand unfamiliar technologies, tools, and systems.
- You'll utilize failure as an opportunity to learn and grow. Apply criticism and mistakes as an opportunity to learn without assigning blame or entrenching regret.
- You'll champion of experimentation, collaboration, unified customer experience, and design thinking.
- You'll coach and develop engineering managers to level up their skills and build leadership experience.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have solid experience managing an inclusive team of high-performing engineers in multiple office locations.
- You are experienced with product-focused software development that touches the entire web stack, using analytics and user testing to drive decisions.
- You recognize the value of transparent, honest communication and the necessity of sharing information.
- You demonstrate knowledge of the differences between managing a project team, individual contributors, and managers.
- You can communicate confidently, write capably, and present effectively to groups of people.
- You are patient, resilient, and willing to take on work even when it is challenging, ambiguous, or intense.
- You deliver clear, effective feedback even when it’s difficult or intimidating.
- You are willing to consider things from other perspectives and consider the impact on others; comfortable being proven wrong.
- You have a desire to pursue collaboration even when it introduces dissent. Values bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Able to balance efforts between planning and acting.
- You understand how to augment humility with the courage to propose, develop, and defend ideas your team feels passionately about.
- You are experienced in driving vision and offering possible solutions to stakeholders. Bonus points for a background in working with front-end specialists on design-centric projects and advanced analytics.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.