Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Enablement to join our GCP Enablement Team. The team builds Infrastructure automation capabilities that enable Mailchimp's application teams to develop and deploy their products to the Cloud with minimal barriers to entry.
What you’ll do here:
- Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects, Project Managers, and adjacent Infrastructure teams to define and deliver Infrastructure automation solutions
- Provide technical guidance and consultation to Mailchimp application teams to satisfy their infrastructure requirements
- Define, build and support the tools, policies, and procedures that Mailchimp application teams utilize to deploy cloud-based services
- Test these tools, policies and procedures by implementing production-facing services yourself in modern programming language such as Golang
- Be on the lookout for new problems other Mailchimp engineers have that can be solved with cloud-based services. Identify common patterns, prototype and develop tooling to address them.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Strong hands-on experience building and optimizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, systems or processes that enable entire engineering organizations to execute quicker, with less friction, less blockers
- Excellent knowledge and in-depth experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong experiences with managing underlying compute and storage infrastructure, building CI/CD pipelines, implementing networking, security, and observability policies, or anything else in public cloud such as GCP or AWS.
- Strong hands-on experience with Golang or other backend languages
- Bonus points if you are familiar with GCP and its service offerings such as Cloud Run, Google Kubernetes Engine, Spanner, and/or CloudSQL
- Bonus points if you have experience developing and owning production-facing cloud-based microservices from design to implementation to deployment.
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.