Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Machine Learning Ops Engineer well versed in design and implementation of AI/ML platforms and integrated workspaces built for analysts, data scientists, and machine learning engineers for the Mailchimp product. You thrive in a fast-paced and highly collaborative product development environment and have a passion for automating tedious manual workflows.
Our team’s core mission is to accelerate experimentation for our data scientists. We accomplish this by providing our data science partners with AI/ML development and experimentation environments with access to an elastic, distributed model training and inference infrastructure. We make data science workflows repeatable and scalable while reducing toil and increasing release velocity.
What you'll do here:
- Define a process for Data Scientists to convert models into optimal representations for inference
- Define our evolution and migration to cloud data science development
- Implement distributed computing for model inference in the cloud
- Drive best practices for monitoring models in production
- Implement improvements to our current cloud architecture for developing and evaluating models
- Create CI/CD pipeline designed for Data Science services
- Assist Data Scientists in designing tests for ML deployments
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong programming background. Fluency in Python and shell scripting required
- You have strong system design skills with workflow optimization.
- You have experience with using Infra-as-Code tools such as Terraform and configuration automation tools such as Jenkins
- You have robust software engineering skills and a track record of building custom tools that fit internal needs
- You have experience using Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- You have experience in deployment and management of cloud native infrastructure and services with an emphasis on performance. Google Cloud experience preferred.
- You have familiarity with using git or similar code versioning software as well as Keras, Pytorch, and Tensorflow ML frameworks
- You have experience in building and managing distributed compute infrastructure for AI/ML training at scale, and developing end-to-end ML pipelines with validation
- You have experience in configuration and troubleshooting of AI and machine learning tooling such as Jupyter notebooks, GCP AI Platform, and GCP Vertex AI
- You have Data warehouse experience, BigQuery
- You have experience with transformer NLP models as well as experience using Airflow or similar DAG technologies
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.