People who work for themselves fuel our economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce and create 80% of new jobs. Oftentimes the odds are stacked against them with 50% failing in the first 5 years. Intuit’s Small Business and Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) is devoted to creating solutions to meet the needs and improve the chances of success for these entrepreneurs with a portfolio of solutions from Mailchimp and QuickBooks.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to help accelerate Mailchimp’s top strategic priorities with a focus on driving growth. Your role will include components of strategy (e.g. crafting growth playbook); analytics (e.g. translating data into insights and narrative, competitive landscape analysis), planning (e.g., annual strategy and planning); and communications. The ideal candidate should have experience shaping business strategy with analytical rigor and possess strong passion for delivering game-changing impact. We offer flexible and remote working options in various locations*
What you'll do here:
- Identify opportunities and develop growth strategies for our offerings, customer segments, geographic markets, and/or business models, as well as required investment.
- Validate hypotheses through customer insights, data analysis, and testing. Build a deep understanding of our business, the market, and the competition across regions.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional marketing teams (e.g., Paid Media, Web, Integrated Campaigns, Customer Marketing) to understand the core business drivers and surface opportunities and threats vs. targets, outline data-driven strategic decisions, and frame actionable recommendations.
- Partner with senior-level cross-functional stakeholders to develop our global strategic plan, articulating Marketing’s most critical priorities
- Drive competitive intelligence assessments, identifying risks and opportunities in the broader landscape.
- Promote a fun, inclusive, and collaborative team culture
We'd love to hear from you if:
- 5+ years of work experience with either a top-tier strategy consulting firm, a respected operating company’s marketing strategy function or a brand management function
- Self-motivation, high level of ownership, and willingness to proactively take on leadership roles within a project and coach junior team members
- Proven track record of shaping business strategy through deep consumer understanding, actionable insights and sound recommendations
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in a peer-like way
- Ability to quickly synthesize qualitative and quantitative information, structure a concise and clear presentation of findings, and articulate recommendations to an executive audience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation and facilitation skills
- Technical skills including, but not limited to Business intelligence (e.g., Tableau, QlikSense), SQL, JIRA
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who would like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.