Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Data Services team builds systems that bridge the gap between raw business data and consumable data products that the business can trust and take action on. We engage with business partners to define their use case, their needs, and then provide that product in the most useful format.
Our ideal candidate has a strong service-oriented mindset. They have engaged effectively with stakeholders to ensure they’re building the right systems that empower its users and allows them to pursue more ambitious project work. They foster lasting relationships that reduce barriers to pursuing ambitious work for users.
This candidate also has experience operating business-critical systems at a high-level. They make tradeoffs and concessions that aim to have minimal user disruption. They’ve collaborated effectively with partner teams to build highly performant, reliable, and observable systems that produce minimal toil for operators.
Our ideal candidate takes an engineering approach to their service management. They develop tooling that reduces operational work for the entire team. They strive to spend most of their time doing project work rather than directly operating software.
What you’ll do:
- Build batch and real-time data pipeline to surface new internal and third-party data sources for easy analysis
- Build aggregated and historical datasets, dashboards, and APIs to support getting the right data to the right people at the right time
- Contribute to advancing goals around data governance policy creation/enforcement, business metadata cataloging, and access control
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have advanced experience building and maintaining data pipelines
- You have advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases (e.g., MySQL, Postgres)
- You have experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- You have experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- You have strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- You have experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- You show strong judgment with building systems for stakeholders
- You collaborate effectively with cross-functional peers to advance initiatives
- You take an engineering approach to service management
- You have a successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- You have experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- You have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools (e.g., Airflow, Luigi, Oozie, Azkaban, dbt)
- Experience with GCP cloud services: BigQuery, Dataproc, Dataflow, etc. or comparable cloud platform services
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, or Scala
- Experience with Looker, Qlik Sense, or Tableau is a plus
- Experience with Segment is a plus
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Beam, Spark Streaming, Kafka Streams, etc. is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, OR equivalent years of relevant experience
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.