Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for an experienced, design focused product manager to level up Mailchimp’s email editing platform. You will work on a high profile portfolio alongside a dedicated cross-functional team from engineering, design and product leadership, to deliver the foundation upon which all these experiences depend and enable all our products to fully represent our identity.
What you'll do here:
- You will create and communicate a clear vision and strategy that is in line with the company’s goals and clear enough for the team to rally around and build towards.
- You will own product portfolio backlog and roadmap, collaborate with Design, Engineering, and Research/Analytics to bring products from ideation to launch.
- You will partner with Research to analyze competitive set aligned to portfolio; develop deep knowledge of customer needs along with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape for target customers.
- You will anchor teams into available data and simplify complex concepts for the desired audience.
- You will drive feature definition, planning and development efforts across technical teams with clarity and conviction.
- You will have a pulse on and know how to create and audit healthy team communication, collaboration, ceremonies and habits.
- You will provide appropriate levels of leadership in all team meetings.
- You will collaborate closely with Domain Leads and cross-functional teams to deliver successful products and services to support the organization’s overall strategy.
- You will set the context for product teams and chart a course through the often competing demands of users, marketing, and strategy, both internally and externally.
- You will collaborate with various departments such, as Product Marketing, Monetization, Design & Communications, to bring product features to market, drive adoption, and deliver on KPI objectives.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have at least 4 years of direct experience working with SaaS, Enterprise or consumer software tools (experience working with email marketing tools a plus)
- You have a passion for creating delightful user experiences and an interest in UX design trends
- You have experience with experimentation and testing of new features
- You have experience working with platform solutions with multiple stakeholders
- You have experience collaborating cross functionally with research, design, engineering, marketing, and ancillary teams to build alignment around the goal of a feature or product
- You have experience as a lead contributor on cross-functional teams or relevant experience
- You have a strong understanding of Agile frameworks and at least 5 years of experience working on an agile team
- You have a strong written and interpersonal communication skills (including facilitation and escalation)
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.