Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a Copywriter to join the Brand & Marketing Design team at Mailchimp. In this role, you’ll be an essential writing contributor helping us craft high-performing messaging that shapes behaviors across Mailchimp’s paid and organic marketing channels and digital product contexts.
Brand & Marketing Design is an in-house creative agency within the Customer Experience & Design department at Mailchimp. We sit alongside other design disciplines, including UX Design, Customer Experience, and Design Operations. We work cross-functionally with just about every team including Marketing, Product, Culture, and others, to deliver a unified customer experience that helps every communication touchpoint feel like Mailchimp. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce and the people they work with—and we love a good sense of humor too.
What you’ll do here:
- Use research and data-collection to experiment and optimize messaging; iterating and learning what works best with our audiences
- Present and promote your writing to partners and stakeholders, remaining open to constructive feedback
- Partner with our marketing team to create clear, effective user experiences that help drive performance through our customer’s E2E journey
- Adapt and translate campaign messaging into full funnel creative to optimize on design performance
- Write high-performing content and microcopy for onsite experiences, landing pages, emails, social media, and more
- Champion Mailchimp's Voice and Tone Guidelines by being the creative spokesperson for projects, ensuring that the creative integrity of the work stays intact
- Provide sound, strategic thinking for diversified campaign work
- Execute ideas using a variety of tools and resources
- Partner with marketing, user research, and designers to review, understand, and deliver content in line with strategic voice & tone as well as performance strategy and growth goals
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years of advertising or in-house agency experience preferred
- You have a strong, award-winning portfolio
- You have working knowledge of the design process and general UX design principles
- You have robust knowledge of marketing fundamentals, including strategy, storytelling, design, user experience, new/emerging platforms, and technologies
- You have excellent writing and verbal skills
- You have a mastery of the creative process
- You have strong internal and external communication and presentation skills
- You have the ability to build rapport easily with a diverse team
- You have excellent team building and collaboration skills
- You have proven problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- You are proficient in video, digital, social, print, and beyond—campaign integration across all channels
- You have effective handling of multiple assignments in a fast-moving environment
- You are comfortable with and receptive to feedback; desire to quickly address feedback
- You have strong accountability and ongoing self-development
- You have excellent computer skills in relevant software packages
- You have education from a portfolio school or degree in UX, Advertising, English, Creative Writing, Journalism or Writing for Mass Communication or equivalent experience.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $76,000 to $91,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid insurance benefits (for employees and their families), paid vacation, sick, and other leave, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) matching. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.