Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Design department is a multi-disciplinary team comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, and portfolio design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing, to product, to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
As a product designer at Mailchimp you care deeply about your customers and distilling complex problems into thoughtful, beautiful, holistic experiences. You naturally do your best work when collaborating with engineering, product, research, data, and marketing. You love exploring the latest and greatest in prototyping tools while keeping emerging design patterns and visual treatments on your radar. You are always looking for ways to craft simple solutions out of complex problems with an awareness of the market need, an obsession for detail, and an eye for sharp visual design. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do here:
- Quickly grasp complex problems and develop design approaches that translate to elegant user experiences
- Create interaction models, workflows, screen designs, and visual details that resonate with the Mailchimp user
- Collaborate with design peers and cross functional teams to build concept consensus
- Clearly articulate and present concepts to senior product leadership
- Partner with product management and user research to inform deliverables, shape future roadmap discussions and cultivate transparency
- Maintain, guide, and push the boundaries of design systems and patterns
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have previous experience designing for multi-user systems, enterprise software, working with design systems.
- You have the ability to connect various types of tooling into a comprehensive yet, clear interface for multiple user types.
- You have a passion for designing empathetic user experiences that connect users with key information at the right time.
- You have solid intuition and demonstration of visual design principles and tools used in interaction design and how those translate complex systems and processes into streamlined interactions.
- You have a solid understanding and ability to prototype with tools like Invision and Figma
- You can demonstrate the above in a portfolio of examples, as well as how you have had to iterate on functionality over time.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $93,000 to $112,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.