Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Product Marketing team bridges art and commerce to make a meaningful impact on the company’s brand, product, and business goals. We develop innovative marketing strategies to take Mailchimp’s marketing platform to customers across the globe. We partner with the product teams, marketing organization, and broadly cross-functionally to drive product awareness and use, and meet organizational goals & objectives. We’re looking for business leaders who want to make a meaningful contribution to our business goals in a high growth environment.
We are seeking a Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for driving the success of Mailchimp offerings in the global market. You will work at the intersection of Product, Marketing, Sales, Strategy, and the Mailchimp website and application. This will include developing a deep understanding of Mailchimp customers and prospects, products, services and technology, the overall market, key vertical markets and segments, and the competition.
What you’ll do here:
- Build a deep understanding of our customers, the market, vertical markets and the competition across all the regions in which Mailchimp does business
- Build positioning, targeting, pricing, and messaging for relevant segments and audiences
- Define clear and compelling customer pain points, value propositions, competitive differentiation, and customer success stories
- Create new product introduction strategies and go-to-market plans
- Partner with CFX teams to support all of the above including webinars, educational tips & tricks, in-app messaging, guides, product videos, customer success stories, blog posts, ebooks, infographics, and more
- Work with the Product Management and other cross functional support teams to uncover new markets and use cases, define new offers and influence roadmap decisions
- Validate hypotheses through customer insights, data analysis, and testing
- Monitor competitive activities, identifying gaps and opportunities
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years experience in B2SMB or B2C marketing, especially sales marketing focused, in the Martech, SaaS, cloud or mobile technology industries
- You have 5+ yrs experience in B2SMB or B2C product marketing in the Martech, SaaS, cloud or mobile technology industries; experience marketing services is preferred
- Excellent project management skills and ability to align efforts across multiple department
- Self starter that is comfortable initiating and leading efforts, projects and programs
- You thrive when building something new - rather than running from ambiguity, you embrace it as an opportunity
- You have proven ability to create go-to-market positioning and strategies and to create and position unique solutions for different customers
- Proven track record of shaping product roadmaps and user experiences through deep consumer understanding, actionable insights and sound recommendations
- Proven experience creating compelling messaging for different segments and personas
- Ability to craft compelling stories, collateral, and tools around technology products and services for both business and technical buyers
- Experienced marketer that understands how to use the full marketing toolkit
- Technically savvy and intellectually curious about new technologies and how they work to enable new customer solutions
- Avid learner who has experience learning new markets and industries and devising solutions and marketing strategies to reach those markets
- Strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Strong creative, problem solving, and strategic thinking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to drive results on-time and with high quality
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical, and quantitative skills
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $89,000 to $107,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.