Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Developers play a critical role in the success at Mailchimp having built thousands of integrations on our open platform. We believe that our developer advocates are empowering developers to empower the underdog. We're looking for a Senior Developer Advocate to collaborate and cultivate the global developer community to amplify the unique ways people are using Mailchimp. The person in this role will become deeply engaged in the community of developers and be a reliable and respected ambassador.
You'll build relationships with developers across the globe both at conferences as well as online, and advocate for developer interests and needs. You'll focus on assisting third-party developers who build applications and businesses on Mailchimp's platform. As a Senior Developer Advocate, you'll convey feedback from external developers to our internal engineering teams. We are looking for someone with strong technical expertise who has an in-depth knowledge (or can learn very quickly) of our products/APIs. Your technical expertise, communication, and presentation skills allow you to foster deep relationships. You'll help to promote awareness, education, networking, and growth through interactions at meetups, conferences, social media and online communities. This is an opportunity to significantly influence the future of Developer Relations at Mailchimp.
What you'll do here:
- You will develop and maintain deep insights into how developers and software companies work with Mailchimp's platform
- You will use your subject matter expertise to evangelize the Mailchimp developer experience by presenting at developer conferences, webinars, and other events.
- You will engage directly with developers in external developer communities and through social media outlets
- You’ll seek out and apply to speak at industry-recognized, inclusive developer conferences
- You’ll seek out opportunities to collaborate with and create content for other developer platforms, APIs and communities
- You will be the "Voice of the Developer" by championing developers within the Mailchimp internal teams, translating developer needs into prioritized feature developments.
- In particular, it's critical to have a strong working relationship with Mailchimp's Engineering team. That includes working with Engineering Management to help identify talent and amplify Mailchimp Engineering voices in the development community
- You will contribute to the direction of our developer strategy with your industry experience, relationships, and knowledge of developer best practices, trends and concepts.
- You’ll develop and lead our Developer Ambassador Program with help from your team
- You will grow and develop the success of the Mailchimp developer experience finding innovative ways to create additional awareness and momentum.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience writing and maintaining scalable, efficient code
- Your passion for technology inspires you to explore your curiosity; you love learning new things
- You have working knowledge of PHP and either Ruby, Python or Node
- You have direct experience in Developer Relations, Developer Support, and/or Developer Documentation with a passion for external partner interaction and an awareness of business needs
- You are already actively involved in the developer community
- You have a deep knowledge of REST APIs, experience building and publishing apps, and creating tools for developers. Advanced knowledge of Mailchimp's API a plus
- You have experience speaking at developer conferences
- You have experience writing for a broad range of developers
- You have excellent verbal, written, and presentation-based communication skills; consistently delivering well-polished communications both internally and externally
- You are willing to travel to attend conferences, meetups, and other events (when travel opens up)
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $147,000 to $176,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.