Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Dotcom teams help Mailchimp deliver a cohesive, differentiated customer experience on mailchimp.com and our microsites. We design and build the infrastructure to support Marketing’s go-to-market campaign efforts, maintain the site's performance, and identify site-wide opportunities to optimize journeys that help prospects & users accomplish their core tasks on the website.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us lead and empower our engineering team. You'll mentor and grow individual contributors and collaborate with other leaders responsible for the Dotcom Domain.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, comfortable managing a distributed team and leading with influence instead of relying on managerial authority. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and refine opportunities for solving partner needs. We’re looking for someone to embody the company motto of “Listen Hard, Change Fast”, have a desire to constantly improve things (processes and technology), and be willing to question our current thinking.
What you'll do here:
- Have solid experience managing an inclusive team of high-performing engineers in multiple office locations.
- Collaborate with Engineers to help define their career path through challenging growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional squad leads to prioritize work, ensure the team has appropriate skills and size to accomplish goals, and ensure any roadblocks are removed from the team’s path.
- Recognize the value of transparent, honest communication and the necessity of sharing information.
- Participate with peers and Directors to ensure the organizational structure is a help, and not a hindrance, to getting work done.
- Continually explore innovative business practices and determine fit for team and company.
- Help the team evolve into the chosen agile methodology.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about the career growth and self-development of our Engineers.
- You have prior experience leading engineering teams within a cross-functional environment.
- You have a consistent record of running successful high-capacity, large-scale projects/architectures.
- You are patient, resilient, and willing to take on work even when it's challenging, ambiguous, or intense.
- You have a desire to pursue collaboration even when it introduces dissent. Values bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Able to balance efforts between planning and acting.
- You understand how to augment humility with the courage to propose, develop, and defend ideas you feel passionately about.
- You have a commitment to increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously reviewing and adjusting processes, org structure, tools, etc.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $123,000 to $148,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.