Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
At Mailchimp, our internship program focuses on giving our interns opportunities to get hands-on experience and contribute to real-world business projects alongside our full-time peeps. Over the years, we've had the privilege to bring on some of the brightest, most talented students from around the world to help grow our brand. Mailchimp designed our 12 week paid internship program to help students grow their skillset, create lasting connections, and do meaningful work. Along with helping our interns grow professionally, we're also committed to their personal growth and provide various soft skill classes while also hosting fun events along the way!
Our program is open to students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, bootcamp, and online courses - all candidates must be enrolled through the duration of the program.
This role is based in Georgia and any candidate who accepts an offer for this position is expected to reside in the state of Georgia throughout the duration of the internship.
Start Dates: May 16th & June 6th
Our Corporate Strategy team is a new and growing function here at Mailchimp to support our strategic initiatives, business operations and revenue management as Mailchimp continues to evolve. As a Strategy and Revenue Planning (SRP) Analyst Intern, you’ll support strategic, data-driven decision making at Mailchimp. In this role, you will apply a variety of analytical/reporting techniques to conduct deep dive analyses on revenue performance, user acquisition/churn, customer behavior, and business trends.
You’ll focus on solving a problem or answering a burning question such as:
- What types of promotions can help our small business customers?
- How should we price a new product? How will this differ across international markets?
- How should we price our products in response to our competition and market forces?
- What levers can we pull to mitigate churn and address the needs of a certain customer segment from leaving?
- How can we increase visibility into the most important financial metrics for our internal teams and senior stakeholders?
You’ll partner with teams across the Strategy Office to integrate market research, customer feedback and product data into your analyses. Our team will coach you throughout the process and help you connect the dots.
You’ll present your findings to Mailchimp Leadership at the conclusion of the internship -- but more importantly your work will drive tangible results for our business and to our customers.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You’re excited to dive into a mountain of data and come up with actionable business insights
- You aren’t afraid to suggest new ideas and come up with experiments based on your findings
- Can find engaging ways to present data and clearly communicate your recommendations
- Have prior experience in developing business cases or financial modeling in Excel
- Have used analytic tools and languages (SQL, Looker, Tableau)
- Have an interest in strategy/management consulting or analytics
- Are seeking a degree in business-related or quantitative fields
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.