Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
At Mailchimp, our internship program focuses on giving our interns opportunities to get hands-on experience and contribute to real-world business projects alongside our full-time peeps. Over the years, we've had the privilege to bring on some of the brightest, most talented students from around the world to help grow our brand. Mailchimp designed our 12 week paid internship program to help students grow their skillset, create lasting connections, and do meaningful work. Along with helping our interns grow professionally, we're also committed to their personal growth and provide various soft skill classes while also hosting fun events along the way!
Our program is open to students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, bootcamp, and online courses - all candidates must be enrolled through the duration of the program.
This role is based in Georgia and any candidates who accept an offer for this position is expected to reside in the state of Georgia throughout the duration of the internship.
Start Dates: May 16th & June 6th
You’ll be joining the Product Analytics team who is focused on shaping product strategy with data-informed decisions. We help develop, track, and provide insights on product KPIs that feed into our higher level business initiatives. We work with all product disciplines, UX research, design, marketing, and product management to help plan the long-term product roadmap and prioritize projects based on our KPIs.
We’re looking for a candidate that wants to use statistics and data analytics to understand customer behavior and drive product development. You like tying together analytics insights with qualitative research like customer quotes, UX design, and business initiatives to paint the bigger picture. You’re a team player that can simplify and communicate analytical and statistical concepts to non-technical audiences. And you’re not afraid to suggest new ideas and come up with experiments based on your findings.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a product team to help identify opportunities, assess their potential business impact, and define success metrics, helping your product manager prioritize projects
- Build data dashboards (using Looker) that tell a story about your insights and how it connects to your product domain’s KPIs
- Analyze project outcomes relative to your success metrics and provide actionable recommendations to your product team
- Develop presentations to communicate your findings, results, and impact on projects to your product team
- Deepen your knowledge of analytics tools such as SQL, Google Analytics, and data visualization
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Part of S.T.E.M program in school such as Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Research, Information Systems, Engineering or Business
- Some experience working with data using SQL
- Some experience with data visualization
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to distill, translate, and communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to develop strong collaborative partnerships with business, research, and design stakeholders
- Bonus: Familiar with statistical concepts such as A/B and Multivariate Testing, p-values, sample sizes, and normal distributions
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.