Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Accounting team is responsible for all accounting and the basis of financial reporting for Mailchimp. We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to help contribute to the financial needs of our growing company. We need a serious number cruncher to join us in our not-so-serious work environment. Roll up your sleeves and jump in those books...we are looking for a strong work ethic and a sense of urgency all mixed up with a passion for what you do.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Accountant who has strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail. You will play a key part in our monthly close process. We’re looking for someone to hit the ground running with their GAAP knowledge and be a utility player in our accounting function. This role reports to the Accounting Manager.
What you'll do here:
- You will analyze, verify and record daily financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner
- You will prepare monthly reconciliations and roll forwards within close deadlines
- You will improve and maintain process and policy documentation
- You will assist with annual audit
- You will assist with complex accounting transactions and other special projects as needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- You are a CPA or CPA eligible
- You have a minimum of 2 years of public accounting audit experience
- You have working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- You are self-motivated with good planning and organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- You manage and prioritize workloads both in a team environment and independently
- You are able to multitask, work under pressure, and meet required deadlines
- You thrive in a fast-pace setting and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You are proficient in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, formulas, a plus)
Bonus points for:
- You have experience with SaaS companies
- You have knowledge and/or experience with consolidation, eliminations, or intercompany transactions
- You have a master’s degree in accounting
- You have experience with NetSuite or other ERP system
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $79,000 to $95,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.