Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Corporate Strategy team is a new and growing function here at Mailchimp to support our strategic initiatives, business operations and revenue management as Mailchimp continues to evolve. We are seeking a motivated and energetic analyst to support the growth of the analytics function of this team.
As a Strategy and Revenue Planning (SRP) Senior Analyst, you’ll lead strategic, data-driven decision making at Mailchimp. In this role, you will apply a variety of analytical/reporting techniques to conduct deep dive analyses on revenue performance, user acquisition/churn, customer behavior, and business trends. You’ll partner with teams across the Strategy Office to integrate market research, customer feedback, product data, and cross functional roadmaps into your analyses. You’ll incorporate these insights into tangible pricing and growth initiatives, helping to shape Mailchimp’s strategic vision and 3-5 year growth plan. The preferred locations for this position are: Atlanta, New York or San Francisco. Other remote locations will be considered.
What you'll do here:
- Understand both quantitative and qualitative research and trends related to the business and actively leverage those insights to help teams make data-informed decisions
- Lead the development, improvement, and automation of reporting (e.g., Tableau & Looker dashboards, visualizations) on revenue impact and KPIs of cross-functional initiatives (e.g., revenue growth, upsell rates, cross sell rates, etc.)
- Continuously improve reporting and facilitate insight generation (i.e., highlighting and decomposing trends and drilling down to identify underlying drivers)
- Develop narratives and recommendations from analyses, build presentations, and present findings to business stakeholders
- Build relationships and provide analytical guidance to key business stakeholders and leaders
- Drive methodology iteration and build templates for common analysis projects
- Build analysis plans and plan out analysis for individual or team analysis projects
- Using a combination of SQL and Excel, conduct revenue and pricing analyses to define new product pricing, promotional strategies, and calculate impacts of pricing changes
- Drive churn initiatives by quantifying customer churn, identifying churn mitigation opportunities, and advising cross functional initiatives on implementation
- Working closely with strategic initiative owners, synthesize inputs from multiple sources and stakeholders to support part of the end-to-end strategic planning process (target setting, idea creation, debate, planning, resource allocation, accountability)
- Using Excel or Google Sheets, develop analytical models to project future growth and track progress of ongoing initiatives
- Using Excel or Google Sheets, develop financial models and valuation analyses for potential new products and acquisition opportunities, integrating financial targets with usage metrics to create benchmarks for success
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have proven experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), presenting the data in a clear and concise manner, and creating actionable insights
- You have strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- You have strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- You are experienced working and presenting to leaders and building relationships with them
- You have advanced proficiency with financial modeling and MS Excel
- You have advanced proficiency with SQL and expertise in wrangling and transforming data
- You have prior demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools, e.g. Looker and Tableau
- You have prior experience in a revenue management role, finance, analytics, or management consulting role
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business, analytics, or mathematics a plus or equivalent work experience)
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $90,000 to $108,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.