Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with an ever expanding suite of tools to help small businesses succeed such as marketing automation, multi-channel campaigns, CRM, analytics tools, and more.
Our Customer Experience & Design department is a multi-disciplinary team comprising brand design, marketing design, product design, design operations, content strategy, experience research and service design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing, to product, to employee experience to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
We are looking for service designers who will help us differentiate with a world-class customer experience that consistently outpaces expectations and transforms our offering from a quality product to an indispensable service that our customers love and rely on. We’re looking for those who care deeply about their customers, are able to understand complex systems of information and simplify that information for others, and will bring a sound, process-oriented design methodology.
As a Service Designer at Mailchimp, you:
- Enjoy collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Love exploring the latest and greatest service design processes and methods
- Work to help define problems, hypotheses and goals based on research and data to map clear and compelling experiences
- Can adapt quickly and take action on insights while staying focused on results
- Are customer focused and value diverse perspectives
What you’ll do here:
- Be responsible for articulating and mapping user journeys and holistic view of the experience by identifying critical touchpoints, how those touchpoints are connected, and how people experience the Mailchimp brand
- Collaborate with other members of the customer experience team (researchers, strategist, etc) to identify and articulate customer experience improvement opportunities
- Assist in facilitating alignment that balances stakeholder and customer needs
- Supports efforts to ensure the end-to-end experience meets or exceeds the needs and objectives of customers and meets our core business objectives in a measurable way.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience designing compelling user experiences; bonus if you have experience empowering small business owners
- You have experience working with a range of human-centered and accessible design techniques such as conceptual models, personas, user journeys, service blueprints, wireframes, and interactive prototypes to convey the expanse of a user’s experience.
- You are able to navigate, coordinate and facilitate discussions between multiple lanes of business
- You have proven experience in research through competitive analysis, rapid prototyping, and in-person testing and interviews with customers
- You're experienced in working with Miro and Figma; or the ability to quickly learn these tools; bonus if you have experience working with tools like Qualtrics, Pendo, or Looker.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $93,000 to $112,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.