Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Product Partnerships team works with businesses from Fortune 100 tech companies to freelance developers to build, maintain, and support rich and diverse product experiences for our mutual users. We are accountable for establishing and managing strategic relationships with our largest product partners as well as managing our ever-growing community of developers.
We’re looking for a detail oriented Operations Manager to join the team. The ideal candidate listens hard, is highly observant, communicative and can organize people and ideas to get things done. You’re at ease working autonomously but also recognize the benefit in taking a collaborative approach to problem-solving. A strong work ethic, master of organization, curiosity, and willingness to learn are key. You are a team player who is comfortable learning while also collaborating with most of Mailchimp’s organizations and teams.
What you'll do here:
- You will own programs and initiatives underpinning Product Partnership’s Partner Program and associated ecosystem
- You will manage the end-to-end Partner Program experience, including app submission/review/approval processes and partner onboarding processes
- You will build and maintain operational documentation and team Confluence pages
- You will manage and field escalated partner support questions
- You will assess existing and future tools, systems, and processes for improvement areas and new reporting capabilities to better manager our partner pipeline and strategic initiatives
- You will collaborate cross-functionally to implement operational improvements and design new workflows and processes to assist the Partnerships team
- You will manage design and documentation of processes and systems needed to scale the growth and management of our partners
- You will oversee the implementation and change management involved in introducing new software, tools, and/or procedures
- You will work on diverse tasks and/or problems of varying scope, resolving a wide range of issues in creative ways
- You will act as a team champion, pitching in on special projects as needed to help all areas of Product Partnerships and the Operations team
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have prior experience in an Operations or Project/Program Management space
- You have proven ability to investigate, assess, and identify gaps and opportunities to create more efficient processes and clearly communicate results
- You have experience successfully managing multiple projects/programs simultaneously from start to finish
- You have experience with techniques and tools to manage and prioritize projects/programs and tasks
- You have strong ability to work well in a flexible and dynamic work environment, to multitask and work effectively under deadlines, and to positively influence others to achieve results
- You have demonstrated skills in building relationships and influencing within and across working groups
- You have a strong ability to change priorities quickly and help others through those changes
- You have excellent listening, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- You have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, including presentations
- You have excellent organizational and follow-through skills, diligent and detail-oriented, and accustomed to handling multiple responsibilities and tasks
- You are proactive and self-motivated, requiring little instruction on day-to-day work.
- You have experience using org-wide tools like JIRA, Confluence, Aha!, Slack, CMS tools, and CRM tools
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just appreciate differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $77,000.00 to $92,000.00 Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.