Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Corporate Strategy team is a new and growing function here at Mailchimp to support our strategic initiatives, business operations and revenue management as Mailchimp continues to evolve. We are seeking a motivated and energetic data analyst to support the growth of the analytics function of this team.
As a Senior Product Analyst on the Business Analytics team, you will help lead strategic, data-driven decision making at Mailchimp. In this role, you will apply a variety of analytical tools and techniques to conduct deep dive analysis to both help understand and better explain customer behavior and business trends as well as predict future business outcomes. You will partner with stakeholders across the company -- product, finance, marketing, legal, and others -- to support the business on strategic analytics requests and build cross-functional reporting to arm Mailchimp with insights that will help steer our future.
What you'll do here:
- Identify and synthesize both quantitative and qualitative research and trends related to the business to help teams make data-informed decisions
- Conduct targeted analyses on high-priority topics and provide subject matter expertise on business analytics topics
- Independently analyze multiple kinds of data sets that provide a complete picture of users behavior from attraction, awareness, conversion, usage, and retention.
- Lead the generation of insights through visualizations and advanced analytics
- Craft narratives and recommendations from analyses, build presentations, and present findings to business stakeholders
- Design experimentation initiatives, synthesize and present results
- Build relationships and provide analytical guidance to key business stakeholders and leaders
- Drive methodology iteration and build templates for common analysis projects
- Develop data infrastructure guidelines for new product / feature launches and partner with data teams to implement
- Build analysis plans and plan out analysis for individual or team analysis project
- Collate data from across Mailchimp to develop and maintain a set of clear, consistent, and comprehensive dashboards that track Mailchimp performance across functions on an on-going basis.
- Continuously improve scoreboard reporting and facilitate insight generation from scoreboard metrics – highlighting and decomposing trends and drilling down to identify underlying drivers
- Work closely with strategic initiative owners to develop, maintain, and automate reporting on impact and KPIs of cross-functional initiatives (e.g., revenue growth, upsell rates, cross sell rates, etc.)
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in an analytics-focused role, prior work experience within a technology (software) company is a plus
- Expertise in SQL
- You have an understanding of web analytics and user behavior analysis is a plus (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- You have experience working with cloud based data warehouses like Google BigQuery, Redshift, or Snowflake is a plus
- You have demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools, e.g. Looker and Tableau
- You have proven experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative and qualitative), presenting the data in a clear and concise manner, and create actionable insights
- You have strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- You have experience working and presenting to leaders and building relationships with them
- You have a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business, analytics, or mathematics a plus or equivalent work experience)
- We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet 100% of the above requirements, if you meet at least 50% of the requirements studies show that you may still be considered, we’re excited to see your unique qualifications for the role!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $90,000 to $108,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.