Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Customer Experience (CX) & Design team is a multi-disciplinary department comprising brand studio, product design, design operation and CX design. Our mission is to create experiences that inspire small businesses to deliver the most value to their customers. We work cross functionally with just about every team across the business from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
We're seeking a Senior Design Program Manager to join our Design Operations team to support CX & Design Operations growth & community programs. In this role the Design Program Manager will help evolve our operational processes by designing, overseeing and optimizing programs in alignment with Mailchimp’s strategic goals. This role’s responsibilities align with CXD team members' development, growth and separation. As such, the Design Program Manager must liaise with several departments including L&D, HR, Culture and Finance. To promote transparency, the Program Manager is tasked with creating and circulating communication around departmental events, milestones, processes and opportunities. Establishing key infrastructure and reporting will provide crucial insights into department operations.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, a strong communicator and thrives on developing operational processes. You are skilled at working cross functionally, and collaborating with other teams to help deliver high quality deliverables.
We value flexible, creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce and the people they work with—and we love a good sense of humor, too. If you are an excellent communicator and collaborator who likes to work independently as well as in team settings, we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll do here:
- Curate Design growth opportunities such as conferences, classes and workshops
- Assist Designers in all training-related travel and reconcile with Accounting
- Manage Design specific onboarding activities for all new hires in partnership with managers
- Partner with other departments, such as HR, culture and L&D to create scalable systems whereby Design employees can thrive in their current and future roles
- Serve as a liaison between Design and other departments, such as HR, culture and L&D on growth & community related programs
- Coordinate with Design Ops Program Managers to incorporate production processes into onboarding curriculum and departmental training
- Manage budgets, reporting and fund allocation for growth & community programs
- Manage CXD comms calendar and distribution of weekly digest
- Manage appropriate tools and systems to create, manage, report on program performance and present insights to department leadership
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multitask and pivot quickly.
- You have an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- You have proficiency in G Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, Confluence, Workfront (as well as other project management tracking tools).
- You have a strong understanding of design thinking, project management and design production processes.
- You have demonstrated use of production management techniques and tools to scope and track projects.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $133,000 to $160,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.