Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Manager of Product Support to join our Technical Support Engineer team. Mailchimp’s Technical Support Engineers are the highest level subject matter experts within the Customer organization. Collectively, our team knows more about Mailchimp’s product suite than any other team in the company. We understand how it’s built, where it breaks, and most importantly how our customers use it. Technical Support Engineers utilize collaborative problem solving to uncover root causes and effectively resolve complex customer issues. We use a coaching mindset to help support representatives across the organization develop stronger troubleshooting techniques, deeper subject matter expertise, and more efficient workflows within their day-to-day work. And, we share a commitment to delivering the best possible experience to all of our customers.
Our ideal candidate has demonstrated success managing high performing technical support teams. This role will have a significant, direct impact on Mailchimp’s customer experience and broader impact on company operations. They are an inclusive leader, who recognizes the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance our culture and drive performance. This person will report to a Senior Manager of Product Support and work collectively with other members of the Manager Product Support group on larger department wide initiatives.
What You’ll Do...
- You'll develop and lead a team of 6-8 Technical Support Engineers with the skills, capabilities, and passion necessary to successfully drive and sustain a customer obsessed culture.
- You'll cultivate healthy channels for communication, review, and feedback. Clearly and effectively communicate across departments, teams, and management tiers.
- You'll build a common mindset by aligning groups of people along shared goals. Recognize team members' desire to do good work, cultivate their intrinsic motivations and strengths, and connect them with the resources they need to be successful.
- You'll establish flexible performance management systems that drive productivity and ensure team accountability.
- You'll lead cross functional projects aimed at improving operational efficiency. Drive change by testing and implementing new ideas and processes.
- You'll maintain a sense of camaraderie, cooperation, and collaboration among team members. Support and encourage those who face challenging situations.
- You'll provide coaching, mentoring, and encouragement to team members. Effectively acknowledge and reward both individual and team efforts.
- You'll facilitate open and honest dialog within the team, drawing on the broad experiences and diverse perspectives of team members. Coordinate healthy discussions, and work to establish alignment when consensus is unattainable.
- You'll cultivate and solicit honest feedback about your own performance. Put in time and energy to learn to be more effective when coaching, delivering feedback, and developing others, and to understand unfamiliar technologies, tools, and systems.
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience leading high performing technical support teams in a SaaS environment.
- You are agile and demonstrate the ability to quickly adapt within a fast changing work environment by seeking solutions regardless of circumstances.
- You can articulate your track record of listening to business problems and developing creative, scalable options for overcoming them.
- You can demonstrate your ability to effectively lead teams through change.
- You have the ability to quickly understand and effectively communicate technical concepts cross functionally.
- You are an action-oriented problem solver, have a customer-centric outlook, and excellent communication skills.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $79,000 to $95,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.