Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Product Support Management Team provides coaching, feedback and guidance to Product Support Representatives and Product Support Specialists in order to best support our customers’ unique needs as well as contribute to team-wide goals and initiatives. Our Senior Manager of Product Support works collaboratively to lead their teams with the department's vision of remaining "customer obsessed" at the forefront of their mind - we listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, and develop relationships with them to remove their obstacles.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to join our team. This role will manage a group of front-line Product Support Managers and their customer-facing teams, supporting them in their day-to-day work and their long-term career development. Our ideal candidate has significant experience managing 24/7 customer-facing support teams focused on technical operations. We’re looking for someone who approaches work from a project-management mindset, and who has experience making data-informed decisions and creating policies and procedures to guide administrative items and core operations. This role will have a significant, direct impact on Mailchimp’s customer experience and the company’s operations.
What you'll do here:
- Manage a group of front-line Product Support Managers and their customer-facing teams; development of your direct reports, helping them build and enhance their skills as leaders and managers
- Develop, refine, and monitor departmental and individual performance metrics to ensure Mailchimp is providing an optimal customer experience, maximizing productivity, staffing appropriately, and able to assess the impact of our policies and procedures
- Develop and refine policies and procedures for running the Product Support team’s operations, both those that are administrative in nature and the standard operating procedures for Product Support operations
- Provide input into operational decisions and ideas for enhancements that improve the employee and customer experience
- Work with Product Support leadership to perform quarterly and yearly goal planning
- Participate in a management on-call rotation
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- You have 8 or more years of total experience, including 5 or more years of management experience
- You have experience managing customer-facing or technical operations teams
- You have experience defining and leveraging metrics to make data-based decisions for optimizing the customer experience and efficiency of the team
- You have experience with interviewing and hiring, plus a proven track record of effective performance management and coaching
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- You are effective in relationship building and influencing others
- You have strong organizational skills for defining and managing work
- You have the ability to be detail oriented and to think about big picture, strategic goals
- You have the ability to remain focused and manage competing tasks in a challenging, fast-paced work environment
- You are proficient in Google Apps and Zendesk (or a comparable ticketing system)
Bonus points for:
- Management experience at SAAS companies and/or with large scale messaging platforms
- Experience with reporting tools or technologies
- Project management experience
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $103,000 to $124,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.