Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Design department is a multi-disciplinary team of brand, service and product designers, CX professionals, researchers and design operations leaders. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing, to support, to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
We’re excited to be adding to our team that is responsible for designing and innovating upon the core Mailchimp products that empower our customers to create and deliver harmonious content across all channels. We are looking for Staff product designers who care deeply about their customers who distill complex problems into thoughtful systems that create inspiring experiences. We’re looking for those who naturally do their best work when collaborating with engineering, product, research, data, and marketing.
What you'll do here:
- Raise the quality bar for design and lead through your design work, mentorship, facilitation, and workshops
- Lead and guide mission critical initiatives and experiences across the entire customer journey that are contextual and beautiful
- Commit to understanding and knowing our users — both the intangibles (emotional needs) and tangibles (functional needs).
- Advocate for our diverse customer base with hard data and in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Work with engineering, product management, data, and marketing, etc to create holistic end-to-end experiences across domains
- Use storytelling, facilitation, and insights about our customers to create empathy and guide product teams
- Value diverse perspectives, mentor our team and advocate for ethical and inclusive design practices.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Can show experience shipping multiple high impact, successful digital products
- Naturally look for opportunities to unify customer experiences across products, platforms, and domains
- Seek to understand and believes that diverse perspectives are the key to a successful implementation in a forgiving, fast-paced, learning environment
- Teammates look to you for modern and best practices when it comes to UX, visual design, patterns, systems thinking, or customer centric approaches to work
- You deeply understand how modern technologies are used with design (CSS, React JS…)
- You have demonstrated experience mentoring and leading others in field
- Have experience designing within and evolving design systems
- Know how to measure outcomes and guide design work to ensure energy is aligned with business strategy
- You believe you still have a lot to learn
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The target base salary for this role is $138,000 to $165,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.