Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp CX & Design (CXD) team is a creative collective with a diverse range of talent. We sit at the intersection of multiple design departments (product, marketing, brand and customer experience) and work cross-functionally to deliver the end-to-end experience.
We are looking for the Head of CX & Design Operations to lead our CX & Design Operations team. In this role you will lead program management not only within CXD but also help connect the dots for how our teams operate together across other functions such as engineering, product, marketing, and customer support. The ideal candidate has a passion for developing programs, policies and processes and is an expert at managing large scale change.
In this role you will also define the end-to-end design delivery process initiatives, system workflows, and working across a variety of stakeholder groups. You will partner closely with the leaders across UX, Brand and Marketing, and Customer Experience teams, who collectively design all of Mailchimp’s touch points. This role reports into the Chief Experience Officer.
What you’ll do here:
- Lead and drive CXD program operations, community and education, vendor management, capacity and staffing tracking, systems/tools governance, and dept leadership support.
- Direct & execute on operational strategies that enable the business to meet critical goals and outcomes in the most efficient manner possible.
- Oversee and lead the CXD Operations team.
- Collaborate with other ops teams across the business to ensure seamless delivery efforts with cross-functional partners.
- Manage and oversee systems, programs, and processes are in place for delivering a great CXD employee experience (keeping community healthy, employees engaged, and strong culture)
- Support and manage CXD organizational strategy in partnership with CXD leadership team.
- Accountability and oversight of the yearly CXD function budgeting- forecasting and managing to targets.
- Collaborate with teams to ensure the right systems/tools are in place to empower and amplify creative teams as well as bridging various disciplines.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive experience in Operational Leadership roles (Program Management, Design Operations, Program Leadership).
- You have seasoned operational experience working across functional teams including product, design, marketing, support, and customer support (CX experience would be a bonus).
- You are an empathic leader who has a passion for connecting the dots cross functionally.
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- You are adaptable to change, collaborative and can work through ambiguity with ease.
- You have experience leading, growing and managing large teams.
- You have experience scaling in house operational teams.
- You are a skilled collaborator, and experienced partnering with executive level team members to align departmental strategy or direction with the overall goals of the organization.
- You have experience crafting policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization.
- You have comfort and familiarity with digital transformation.
- You are an exceptional communicator (written and verbal) and skilled change agent.
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.