Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Quality Assurance team works closely with cross-functional disciplines to help make sure we’re delivering useful, working tools with every release. Our team tests new features and updates to Mailchimp’s products with an eye toward user experience, reliability, and real-world use cases. We’re looking for someone with a passion for growing people and our Test Engineering practice to join the team as a Senior Engineering Manager, Test Engineering.
This role will foster technical and professional development of their team while advocating for testing practices throughout the company. Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, skilled manager, highly diplomatic, process-oriented, and always on the lookout for new approaches to both testing and leadership. This role has a significant impact on the health of the Mailchimp product as well as the success of testing within the company.
What you’ll do:
- Own Mailchimp’s Test Engineering practice, collaborating with the team and peers to make decisions about the tools, technologies, and processes we use.
- Directly manage Test Engineers, QA Analysts, and other managers, helping them balance multiple projects and manage their time on short- and long-term projects.
- Support direct reports’ long-term career development.
- Foster an environment of cross-team collaboration where questions are welcomed and success is celebrated.
- Advocate for QA and Test Engineering’s involvement early in the planning and development phases to ensure successful implementation of all projects.
- Work to refine and evangelize Mailchimp’s overall QA practices and processes.
- Organize team communications and projects.
- Help to drive the interviewing and hiring of a diverse QA team.
- Continually explore innovative business practices and determine fit for team and company.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have several years of experience with test automation or as an SDET, and strong knowledge of various test automation tools and frameworks.
- You have strong people management experience.
- You can cultivate a healthy team culture of inclusion and equity.
- You recognize the value of transparent, honest communication and the necessity of sharing information.
- You’re patient, resilient, and willing to take on work even when it’s challenging, ambiguous, or intense.
- You’re willing to consider things from other perspectives and consider the impact on others.
- You have experience working cross-functionally within an Agile-based environment.
- You have a proven track record of effective performance management and coaching of individual contributors.
- You are a skilled written and verbal communicator, with both technical and non-technical audiences, upward and broadly across teams.
- You can balance app stability with the need to release features quickly.
How you'll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $145,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.