Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Support Business Solutions team manages the day to day Customer Team software tools used to provide our customers with an exceptional interaction experience. We partner closely with Support, Engineering, Product, Marketing and many others to ensure there are no interruptions to our teams, enhancement and defect management and implementation of new tools.
As a Business Solutions People Manager, this role is responsible for managing a team that oversees our software tools utilized by customer facing teams. Partners with internal customers on business as usual and strategic projects by identifying team assignments, determining prioritization using an Agile methodology. Collaborates with stakeholders and teams from across Mailchimp to ensure requests are completed according to identified scope and requirements.
Our ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business and technical expertise while balancing the management of people and projects. Customer focused, tenacious problem solving collaborative approach with a laser focus on contributing to improving the customer experience while pushing their team to be innovative.
What you'll do:
- Develop and lead a team with the skills, capabilities, and passion necessary to successfully drive and sustain a customer obsessed culture
- Lead the team through planning to identify sprints scope, timelines and execution
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (Customer, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Legal, etc.), including the participating of stand-ups, planning, showcases and retrospectives
- Understand and prioritize stakeholder needs and partner with the team to translate them into application functionality
- Building successful relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels with clear communication, acting as a trusted advisor and understanding their business needs
- Guide and mentor team with creation and management of their personal development plans
- Set clear and challenging goals for direct reports that support organizational-wide initiatives and hold team members accountable for performance
- Stay up to date on emerging application technologies and best practices
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years experience as a manager of people in an operations role
- You have experience leading teams supporting and managing software tools
- You have the ability to exercise sound judgement, team alignment, and display an appropriate sense of urgency
- You have a positive “can do” attitude while assuming best intentions and aligning with organizational goals and team members
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- You have proven experience as a contributor on cross-functional team building alignment around the goal of a feature or product enhancement
- You have the ability to lead and navigate programs involving cross-functional teams
- You have working experience with delivering a consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
- You have a technical background with software engineering or technical management experience with the ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels
- You have working experience in Agile project management and tools (JIRA, etc.)
- You are experienced with complex technical integrations (APIs, web services, etc.)
- You are able to make complex technical information approachable to non-technical team members
- You are able to understand business processes and translate business requirements into application functionality
- You have strong verbal and written communication
How you'll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $83,000 to $100,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.