Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for an experienced, design focused product manager to level up Mailchimp’s ability to scale our design system across our products both internally and externally. You will work on a high profile portfolio alongside a dedicated cross-functional team from engineering, design and product leadership, to deliver the foundation upon which all these experiences depend and enable all our products to fully represent our identity.
What you’ll do here:
- Build and evolve the vision, KPIs and roadmap of our internal design system, build the external facing system from ideation to execution,
- Educate the broader organization on how best to utilize our design systems
- Drive feature definition, planning and development efforts across technical teams with clarity and conviction
- Lead in stand-ups, planning sessions, product demos, and retrospectives
- Collaborate closely with Domain Leads and cross-functional teams to deliver successful products and services to support the organization’s overall strategy.
- Set the context for product teams and chart a course through the often competing demands of users, marketing, and strategy, both internally and externally
- Make scope and schedule tradeoffs that align with the goals of the broader team
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- At least 3 years of direct experience working with design systems, particularly within a Product role
- An understanding of the importance of the developer experience to improve impact and success for those building on top of your product.
- Experience in scaling Design Systems internally, including evangelizing the products to drive change and deliver measurable impact
- Experience advocating for design quality, systems, internal tooling with Leadership and C-Suite executives
- Experience collaborating cross functionally with research, design, engineering, marketing, and ancillary teams to build alignment around the goal of a feature or product
- Experience as a lead contributor on cross-functional teams or relevant experience
- Strong understanding of Scrum project management and JIRA best practices alongside at least 5 years of experience working on an agile team
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet 100% of the above requirements, if you meet at least 50% of the requirements studies show that you may still be considered, we’re excited to see your unique qualifications for the role!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $128,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.