Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Billing team provides account payment assistance to Mailchimp’s users. We are part of the Support team, but work closely with teams throughout the entire company to gather information and answer user questions efficiently and effectively. We value our users and understand each Billing support ticket is unique and important, and together, our team strives to provide the best support experience for every user by paying close attention to detail for investigation and resolution.
We’re looking for a highly motivated self-starter with a real passion for helping others and learning new things to come join our team. You are a detail-oriented problem solver with a natural sense of curiosity, strong investigation skills, and the ability to work through ambiguous situations. You are comfortable weighing multiple pieces of information to make logical decisions about sensitive, timely billing questions. You value and thrive in team collaboration. You are an effective, empathetic communicator who’s able to talk with users, teammates, and other departments with equal interpersonal skill. Our team also really loves cake. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
What you'll do here:
- Investigate and answer billing questions for Mailchimp’s users, including questions regarding invoices, pricing, and refund eligibility
- Communicate with users about best practices and making improvements for list management
- Craft well-written, helpful responses to diverse audiences
- Collaborate with Mailchimp’s Support, Product, Compliance, Investigations, and Accounting teams to improve communication and promote efficiency
- Determine appropriate course of action while adhering to Mailchimp Billing's guidelines and policies
- Collaborate with Billing Coordinators in team-based projects
- Meet / exceed defined productivity metrics
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
- Foster an inclusive community on the team and at Mailchimp
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have an associate's degree or relevant work experience
- You have proven extraordinary customer service experience, payment support a plus
- You have excellent writing skills and are a strong communicator
- You have the ability to effectively and empathetically communicate sensitive financial information with users and convey confidence through written interactions
- You have exceptional attention to detail
- You have an analytical sixth-sense with the capacity to make quick, informed decisions
- You have the ability to thrive in a self-starter and team environment
- You have solid technical troubleshooting skills
- You have the ability to multitask and handle multiple support tickets at once
The target base salary for this role is $45,000 to $53,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.