Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Data Management team at Mailchimp is responsible for creating and managing our BI platform that enables peeps from across the company to make better decisions with data. What that actually looks like is working with folks from across the company to understand their needs and then surface data in a meaningful way, across tools and teams, to help them drive the business forward. Day to day you could be building an ETL pipeline, designing a data access tool, modeling out new data in Looker, or working with teams to develop better data governance practices. We have a lot of tools in our toolbelt, but all with the main goal helping Mailchimp to continue to use data more effectively.
What you'll do:
- Partner with analysts, data scientists, business users, and others to understand their needs and come up with end-to-end data solutions
- Build robust transformation pipelines to help clean up, normalize, and govern our data for broad consumption
- Manage and model data in Looker, to provide a collaborative data analytics platform for the company
- Build tools and processes to help make the right data accessible to the right people
- Become a subject matter expert on the various datasets we have at Mailchimp
- Work with Data Stewards to better document our data
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Expertise in visualization technologies like Looker or Tableau (Looker is our tool of choice)
- Experience with Python, Java, Go, or another OOP language. Most of our tools are primarily built in Python, but it’s easy to pick up
- Strong technical accomplishments in SQL and data analysis skills
- Experience with Airflow, which manages all of our ETL workflows
- Experience with MPP databases such as BigQuery, Redshift, or Snowflake. We use BigQuery here at Mailchimp
- Experience with GCP/AWS or other cloud providers is preferred. As you can probably tell with our choice of BigQuery and Looker, we’re a GCP shop
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
**Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The minimum base salary for this role in Colorado is $100,000. For all other locations, base salary will vary by geographic market and will will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.