Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
This role sits within our Strategy Office, a new and growing function at Mailchimp that supports the creation and deployment of corporate strategy and helps guide internal teams to drive business growth.
The Manager of Market Intelligence is involved in setting the strategic direction for the business and works with leaders in Strategy, Product, Marketing, and CX & Design to help set priorities for the team. This working people manager delivers critical insights that inform decision-making and ensures that individual contributors have the resources and clarity they need to execute their work.
What you’ll do here:
- Manage, mentor, and develop the abilities of a team of researchers who are responsible for:
- Monitoring and understanding the competitive space that Mailchimp operates in
- Tracking small business, SaaS, e-commerce, and digital marketing trends
- Analyzing and monitoring market share in key markets
- Developing a deep understanding of competitors and complementary/adjacent tools
- Promoting awareness across the company by sharing insights about our competitive space
- Managing 3rd party research vendors, as needed
- Maintaining a global perspective through US & international research
- Provide ongoing, ad hoc, and regularly scheduled updates to leadership
- Identify opportunities for external research partnerships and manage relationships with 3rd party analysts (Gartner, Forrester, etc.)
- Review, critique, and edit team research deliverables (project plans, summaries, reports, slide decks, etc.)
- Work with stakeholders and partners across Strategy, Marketing, CX/UX, and Product to ensure smooth project hand-off and collaboration
- Balance and negotiate research requests from other departments around Mailchimp
- Support the growth and development of the team
- Help continually refine what competitor and industry research processes look like at Mailchimp
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 6+ years of applied experience in market research, competitive intelligence, or a related field
- You have 2+ years of management experience (ideally a combination of people and large-project management)
- You have proven experience structuring ambiguous problems, analyzing data from a variety of sources (quantitative and qualitative), synthesizing into insights, and driving toward actionable recommendations - and the ability to coach direct reports to do the same
- You are an influential communicator and are able to clearly explain complex concepts to a variety of audiences
- You have prior work experience within a technology (software) company or knowledge of the technology/ SaaS industry
- You’re able to balance strong attention to detail while framing the big picture
- You are a fast learner with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts across a wide variety of technologies and domains.
- You bring a creative approach to problem-solving and thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced environments
- You are highly motivated and able to drive work forward independently
The target base salary for this role is $118,000 to $142,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are working toward becoming a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.