Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking a network security analyst to join the Network Security team at Mailchimp. The ideal candidate will have a baseline network security foundation to support the team and organization. They should be able to work within large groups, with cross functionally to encourage high levels of collaboration. The candidate should be able to take the concerns of both the product and the other operational teams into account.
This role will play a pivotal role in the implementation of our network security strategy. The Network Security Analyst will be ensuring we maintain a cutting edge security posture. The role will be split between tasks associated with managing network logs and reports to detect any suspicious or hostile activities, and take active measures to assess any gaps or vulnerabilities within our protective posture.
What you'll do here:
- You track and report on any applicable information security deficiencies, conditions, weaknesses, findings, and gaps identified by audits, reviews, security control assessments, and tests.
- Provide security guidance in collaboration with other technical and management teams, ensuring Security principles are being upheld and no violations of Security Policy is taking place.
- Collaborate with other security professionals to align the business strategic security strategy.
- Engage in ongoing research of emerging trends and new technologies which may benefit the project goal of strategically implementing technology to enhance or solve project problems.
- Conduct in-depth technical reviews of new and existing IT systems in order to identify the appropriate mitigation strategies required to bring these systems into compliance with established policy and industry guidelines.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have baseline knowledge of network security and networking fundamentals
- Ability to operate the use of security tools, solutions, process, and policies to ensure an acceptable level of security and further improvement.
- Create and maintain network security documentation.
- The ability to review firewall policies with established standards.
- The ability to conduct and participate in security audits.
- Experience in PCI and SOX compliance standards
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls, Skybox and Panorama.
- Proficient understanding and experience enforcing best practice concepts such as firewall rules, access-lists, vulnerabilities, upgrades and role based access controls.
- Experience with Extrahop, SolarWinds and Cisco ISE a plus
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The target base salary for this role is $71,000 to $85,000. Base salary will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing, and are a flexible-first organization. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.