Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our design team is a multi-talented department of designers from brand, marketing, content strategy, UX, and design operations. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to employee culture to deliver an end to end customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
We are looking for a passionate and influential leader to join our team as the UX Director for Mailchimp.com. The ideal candidate has experience leading design for large CMS driven web properties, design systems, analytics, and brand design. Additionally, this person is a mentor, people manager, and advocate of design culture.
What you’ll do here:
- Lead the design for Mailchimp.com and staff, communicate, and deliver Mailchimp.com design projects
- Lead design patterns and standards work for Mailchimp.com and Mailchimp applications
- Partner with peers across marketing, brand, engineering, and product design to evolve processes and standards.
- Elevate the creative work with hands-on guidance as needed
- Provide career guidance and mentorship to a growing team of designers and managers
- Enlist external contractors, freelancers and agencies to assist with projects
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, and principles
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have great design sensibility and a portfolio to prove it
- You have a proven record of partnering with brand and marketing teams to create high converting experiences that bring a brand to life
- You have experience in web deployment and production using CMS driven website platforms, such as Adobe Experience Manager
- You have experience with modular design and design systems
- You have experience in web analytics measurement
- You have extensive experience leading design teams
- You have experience in partnering with agencies and managing agency relationships
- Experience working with SaaS products is a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn and are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight and views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade and within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F and R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!