Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Integrated Marketing team provides strategic guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, and recommends best practices across a number of marketing functions. We partner with the entire marketing organization, helping to drive performance and meet organizational goals and objectives.
We’re looking for a motivated and hands-on Senior Manager of Marketing Analytics who can bring a deep understanding of analytics and the ability to apply those analytics to drive marketing and media performance. In this role, you’ll be managing and developing a team of managers and analysts to deliver compelling insights that drive decisions.
This person will help the team prioritize marketing investments to ensure marketing and organizational goals and objectives are met. We’re seeking a leader with the technical skills to generate insights quickly and confidently and who thrives on sharing actionable insights. This senior manager will play an integral and highly visible role in combining analytical insights and business acumen that guides all marketing investments throughout the prospect and customer life cycle.
What you’ll do here:
- Act as an expert resource for our internal partners and stakeholders, helping to establish measurement frameworks for campaigns and investments across our various paid media channels (paid search, social, display, etc.) as well as owned channels
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations to optimize campaign performance and support the overall business strategy
- Work closely with others in the Marketing department to optimize a framework for the prioritization, development, maintenance, and automation of reporting on campaign and media channel performance while also balancing ad hoc needs
- Help build a data-informed culture – provide decisions makers with the information they need when they need it and in a way they can trust and act on
- Ensure data integrity – help resolve data discrepancies, availability, and governance issues as they arise
- Partner with Engineering, Strategy, Revenue Management, and Product Analytics to implement, document, validate, and monitor our tracking and measurement throughout the customer lifecycle
- Contribute to the development of our marketing and advertising technology roadmap
- Grow the team through coaching, training, and mentoring members responsible for campaign and media analytics
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Extensive experience working in an agency or company leading media and/or marketing analytics and helping to guide large marketing budgets, plus at least 2 years leading teams
- Demonstrated expertise in connecting various sources of data (across digital media channels or platforms) to create a holistic view of integrated campaign performance
- Ability to clearly translate complex analysis into a framework and language that internal stakeholders can easily understand
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a proven ability to present and communicate insights & data to the C-Suite
- Advanced proficiency with SQL, Excel, web analytics solutions (Google Analytics), data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.), and advertising technologies (Google Ad Tech, Campaign Manager, DSPs, etc.)
- Experience working with Google BigQuery a plus
- Expertise in building and applying marketing mix modeling and a variety of marketing attribution models to generate insights and recommendations
- Experience with event tracking and tag implementation (GTM, etc.)
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to clearly communicate and persuasively share data and conclusions in an organized manner to a wide variety of audiences and up to executive management
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business, finance, or mathematics a plus or equivalent work experience; MBA a plus)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!