Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our design team is a multi-talented department of designers from brand, marketing, content strategy, UX, and design operations. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to employee culture to deliver an end to end customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
We are looking for a passionate and influential leader to join our team as a Director of Product Design. In this position, you will help lead product development efforts for our digital products by guiding and developing product design teams and through strong collaboration with other discipline leaders.
What you’ll do here:
- Lead product design teams by providing guidance, oversight, and mentorship to the teams
- Partner with cross functional directors and evolve product development process
- Work closely with other design directors to advance patterns and standards and encourage collaboration
- Motivate the team to create designs that constantly push boundaries to keep Mailchimp at the forefront of UX design
- Set expectations, and help promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years experience in product design and leadership, preferably in SaaS applications related to marketing, CRM, or similar software for small businesses
- You know how to lift the business through an end to end focus on customer experience
- You work with Scrum/Agile design, AB testing, and KPI measurement for UX
- You have a BA/BS degree in design, research, HCI, a related field, or have equivalent experience
- You embrace change and hyper-growth with the nimble ease of a dancer and know how to lead teams through it
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn and are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight and views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade and within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F and R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!