Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.

We are looking for a Principal Product Manager who is passionate and invested in each phase of the product development lifecycle - from research and opportunity sizing through to ideation and implementation. The ideal candidate is someone who has had prior experience in understanding and internalizing broader business strategy to create a very intentional product strategy.  You should demonstrate the ability to influence, be able to flex between strategic thinking and execution and be passionate about building great customer experiences. We would love for you to bring your experience to the table to make us better and be interested in learning from our talented team as well.

What you'll do here: 

• Lead/and or participate in ideation and discovery, leveraging qualitative and quantitative data and customer and industry research to identify product opportunities 
  • Define measurable success metrics, develop opportunity sizing and potential ROI; be able to show inputs and assumptions in data analysis and financial modeling
  • Socialize product strategy from C-suite down to build organizational buy-in; be an expert in how the product portfolio will drive key topline metrics
  • Collaborate with Engineering, Marketing and Design peers to create a portfolio of short, mid and long-term wins that drive iterative value
  • Work with and influence product teams and drive joint planning, roadmapping and execution focusing on speed to market
  • Closely partner with the experimentation team to improve, refine and test hypotheses that move the needle

We'd love to hear from you if: 

• You have extensive experience in Product Management
  • You have experience building consumer-facing, preferably SAAS products that shipped to hundreds of thousands (or better yet) millions of customers
  • You have a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience in Marketing, Product, Design or Technology
  • You have participated in all stages of software development, experience with Agile, Lean software methodologies
  • You're an excellent communicator (written and verbal); you have the ability to effectively converse with and tailor communication to varying audiences
  • You have an entrepreneurial spirit with a bias towards action; able to work independently with minimal supervision
  • You are a team player team player; you seek and use diverse perspectives and ideas; listens and responds constructively to other's ideas
  • You exhibit a positive attitude, listen hard and change fast; you are excited to work in a high-growth, fast paced environment
  • You have a strong understanding of how to leverage data to understand product and business performance that result in grounded product decisions
  • You have the ability to take a proactive approach to product management, with strong follow-through, resourcefulness, attention to detail

Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Oakland and are happy to have a growing office right downtown, especially convenient to the BART.

Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline.  We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!

Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.

Curious to how hiring has shifted related to Covid-19? Click here: https://mailchi.mp/mailchimp/hiring-covid-19 

Apply for this Job

* Required

Voluntary Demographic Questionnaire

At Mailchimp, we believe what makes us different makes us stronger. Building a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization is good for our teams, our customers, and our community. We empower each other to bring unique perspectives and experiences to work, and we continually seek new ways to do so. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply.

Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions that are part of Mailchimp's commitment to building a more diverse and inclusive workforce. If you choose to fill them out, the responses will be used (in aggregate only) to help us identify areas for improvement in our process. Your responses, or your choice to not respond, will not be associated with your specific application and will not in any way be used in the hiring decision.

I identify my gender as

I identify as transgender

I identify my sexual orientation as

I identify my Race/ethnicity as (mark all that apply)

Veteran Status

I have a physical disability