Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools. 

The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! 

Start Date: May 17th or June 7th

The Revenue Management team is seeking a motivated and energetic analyst to support strategic decision-making processes through the use of analytics, a heavy data-driven approach, and operational mindset. Our team builds the necessary financial, operational, and strategic infrastructure to optimize revenue, set pricing strategy, and drive growth. We maintain an awareness and curiosity for new revenue related trends. We champion best practices in tracking success metrics, understanding changes in trends, and take actions to win new customers and keep our current customers.  We are cross-functional and work directly with product, marketing, engineering, support, comms, and finance.

What you’ll do:

Your role will be to lead an analytics project from hypothesis and data gathering all the way through making recommendations which will directly impact our customers. You’ll work with financial, customer, and product data to define the problem and develop quantifiable insights. Our team will coach you throughout the process and help you connect the dots.

You’ll focus on solving a problem or answering a burning question such as: 

• What types of promotions can help our small business customers who were impacted by COVID?
  • How should we price a new product? How will this differ across international markets? 
  • How should we discount our products in response to our competition?  
  • What can we do to prevent churn and address the needs of a certain customer segment from leaving?

You’ll present your findings to Mailchimp Leadership at the conclusion of the internship -- but more importantly your work will drive tangible results for our business and to our customers. 

We’d love to hear from you if: 

• You're excited to dive into a mountain of data and come up with actionable insights 
  • You’re not afraid to suggest new ideas and come up with experiments based on your findings.
  • You have a focus on strategy/management consulting or analytics
  • Like to find engaging ways to present data and clearly communicate your recommendations 
  • You have prior experience in developing business cases or financial modeling
  • You have used analytic tools and languages (SQL, PowerBI/Tableau, Excel modeling)
  • You're seeking a degree in business-related or quantitative fields

Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.

We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!

Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!

Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.

Apply for this Job

* Required

Voluntary Demographic Questionnaire

At Mailchimp, we believe what makes us different makes us stronger. Building a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization is good for our teams, our customers, and our community. We empower each other to bring unique perspectives and experiences to work, and we continually seek new ways to do so. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply.

Below is a set of voluntary demographic questions that are part of Mailchimp's commitment to building a more diverse and inclusive workforce. If you choose to fill them out, the responses will be used (in aggregate only) to help us identify areas for improvement in our process. Your responses, or your choice to not respond, will not be associated with your specific application and will not in any way be used in the hiring decision.

I identify my gender as

I identify as transgender

I identify my sexual orientation as

I identify my Race/ethnicity as (mark all that apply)

Veteran Status

I have a physical disability