Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: May 17th or June 7th
We're looking for an Intern for the Product Design team. Product Design sits at the intersection of design, product management, and engineering working closely with product owners, engineering team leads, research, data science, and marketing to arrive at elegant solutions for our users.
You’re highly collaborative and comfortable giving and receiving design critiques. You are passionate about web and mobile technology, explore the latest and greatest in prototyping tools, while keeping emerging design patterns and visual treatments on your radar. You're always looking for ways to create simplicity out of complex problems with an awareness of the market need, an obsession for detail, and an eye for sharp visual design. You’ve got a healthy curiosity for how things work, a dedication to bringing a shared vision to life, and you are ready to grow in your design career.
What you’ll do:
- Develop design approaches that translate to elegant user experiences by working with product managers and engineers to understand and implement product requirements
- Create interaction models, workflows, screen designs, and visual details that resonate with the Mailchimp user, leading with the mobile experience
- Collaborate with design peers and cross functional teams to implement innovative solutions
- Explore and implement Mailchimp design systems and patterns
We’d love to hear from you if have:
- Passion for designing compelling user experiences that solve real world constraints
- Solid intuition and demonstration of visual design principles, processes and tools used in interaction design
- Experience creating interface prototypes and portfolio of examples that reflect thoughtful explorations of how business problems and user needs come together
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.