Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: May 17th or June 7th
Mailchimp’s Machine Learning Engineering team, works closely with Mailchimp’s data scientists to make data insights actionable. The team builds tools, infrastructure and applications that empower Mailchimp customers to understand and utilize their data. By using predictive analytics and big data technologies, we help Mailchimp them fight spam, determine their next best actions, understand their customer lifetime value and feel empowered with information.
Mailchimp is looking for an intern to join our Machine Learning Engineering team. You will collaborate with data scientists and engineers on the team to develop and deploy ML tools and predictive models. You will also work with application engineers to use those models’ predictions within the Mailchimp platform.
If you are self-directed and believe in demonstrating how data can be used to help small businesses, we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers, data scientists, and application engineers to create, deliver, and maintain end-to-end features based on machine learning
- Support deployment of high quality data/ML pipelines and services using Python and other Google Cloud services
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
We'd love to hear from you if:
- If you have some interest or exposure to data processing systems, databases, distributed processing, cloud computing, or data science
- You have some development experience in Python or another modern, high-level object-oriented language (e.g. Java, PHP).
- You understand the importance of quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- You embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.