Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: May 17th or June 7th
The Data Science team builds applications that make sense of the data created by Mailchimp’s millions of users. By using predictive analytics and big data technologies we help Mailchimp users grow through our smart marketing tools and data-driven insights. We work closely with Mailchimp’s Development and Operations teams to make analytical insights actionable within our infrastructure.
Mailchimp is looking for a Data Science intern to help our team’s research efforts. You’ll work alongside data scientists and software engineers by trialing analyses and training predictive models on our data that will eventually become customer facing and/or internal services, and you'll touch hundreds of terabytes of data.
The ideal candidate is a curious and resourceful data scientist who believes in demonstrating how data can be used to help our customers. You love new challenges, but you're skeptical of the new hotness. You’ve run analyses using various tools, but you're partial to Python. Communication, critical thinking, and cross-validation are tools you use every day.
What you’ll do:
- Work alongside other data scientists to develop analytical techniques for our predictive models
- Come up with interesting data-driven product ideas to solve problems for our users
- Perform statistical analyses and communicate findings
- Work to improve data integrity and mitigate bias in Mailchimp data systems
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Pursuing a degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Social Science, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of statistical analysis and machine learning techniques
- Have experience in natural language processing
- Have experience programming in Python
- Experience in database systems (SQL or MySQL)
- Experience with Cloud platforms (Google Cloud, AWS...)
- Ability to communicate methods and results of analyses
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.