Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for a Director of Data Services to lead a high performing group of software engineers and analysts. Our group is responsible for designing and implementing business intelligence solutions for Mailchimp’s analyst community, supporting the development of data-intensive product features, and supporting the data-heavy custom application development needs of teams throughout the organization.
In this position we seek someone excited to work with a dynamic, diverse group of engineers and managers who are all used to wearing multiple hats to get the job done. We work with teams throughout the organization, including the Analytics & Data Science Product Domain, our Abuse Prevention Team, Marketing Analytics, Strategy Operations, and more. We seek someone comfortable with leading teams responsible for both customer-facing services and highly-visible business intelligence efforts.
We seek someone with an understanding of why and how diverse teams build better software and create better cultures. Data Services is a team with a vibrant, supportive, empowered, inclusive and positive culture. We like to get things done and feel strongly about customer service and the value we bring to Mailchimp. An ideal candidate will understand the importance of that culture to the team’s productivity and overall benefit this has to Mailchimp as a whole. We’re looking for someone comfortable with having high expectations of us, and comfortable that we will have high expectations of you.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, grow, and support the Data Services team members executing on the strategic roadmap.
- Ensure that the Data Services department is inclusive in its hiring processes and day-to-day operations.
- Participate in and cultivate a culture of direct, compassionate feedback. Support a results-oriented work style, and encourage transparent communication. Facilitate effective collaboration and teamwork
- Work with the engineering department leadership to iterate on the strategic Data Services Roadmap.
- Advocate for the team and its initiatives to Engineering Senior Leadership, Mailchimp’s Product Leadership Team, and other leaders throughout the organization. Work with leadership throughout the organization to further the implementation of our business intelligence initiatives.
- Work cross functionally with design, marketing, product and people teams to communicate context from their parts of the organization that are relevant to Data Services’ ongoing efforts.
- Help identify and remove obstacles to project execution
- Evangelize the importance and role of the Data Services team throughout the organization
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in Master Data Management
- You’ve got a solid track record of managing software engineering teams
- You’ve got experience with Cloud Data Infrastructure products (we use Google Cloud, but experience with other vendors is also useful)
- Experience with ETL, streaming, and batch processing patterns of feeding business intelligence systems and product features
- Experience with Product Management, specifically comprehension of data science feature development in products
- Experience with vendor management and negotiation
- Experience with data warehousing in BigQuery, Teradata, Hive, Oracle, etc.
- Familiarity with Java, Python, and Airflow are a huge plus.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and Robotics Process Automation are also a huge plus.
- Experience leading and working with cross functional teams
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
We are open to this role being in any of our Atlanta, Brooklyn, Oakland or Vancouver locations.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!