Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re also a very unique and imaginative brand that isn’t afraid of highly expressive, experimental design, advertising and content in service of our mission and our customers. At the spiritual heart of this work is the Brand Studio team. We drive our brand’s bold creative vision and uphold and evolve our visual identity across channels. Our team makes an exciting range of non-traditional work that benefits and inspires our employees and customers alike. We humbly accept the label of being Mailchimp’s secret sauce.
We are looking for a Creative Director who will be an integral part of and driving force in scaling our Brand Studio into a world-class, award-winning, soup-to-nuts, in-house creative group.
What you’ll do here:
- Lead and scale the talented team focused on Brand Marketing campaigns, within the Brand Studio group
- Work in close partnership with the Studio Director to expand and nurture our in-house roster of creative production specialists, including photographers, videographers, motion designers and illustrators
- Partner with internal stakeholders to define marketing project strategy and translate into creative briefs
- Mentor, inspire and guide a team of talented Art Directors, Designers and Copywriters to come up with radically perceptive, inventive campaigns and activation concepts that span disciplines, deliver to the bottom line and build brand love while staying authentic to Mailchimp’s highly unique tone and aesthetic
- Drive delivery for large-scale creative projects from concept to execution, from pitching to overseeing the development of all assets associated with Brand Marketing campaigns (creative strategy, key art, photography, film, motion graphics, activations, non-traditional, etc.)
- Build strong relationships and become a trusted partner leading the development of stunning, on-brand, business-driving creative assets that meet each team's individual needs
- Patiently and expertly guide external agencies and vendors producing brand and marketing projects for Mailchimp
- Learn, listen and collaborate quickly in a fast-paced creative environment
- Report to and work with the Senior Director to set our creative course and ensure all work aligns with Mailchimp’s overall brand strategy across all mediums and audiences
- Grow our reputation in the world—speak at large events and build an influential creative network
- Location- Atlanta preferred, Brooklyn alternative with travel and openness to moving in the future
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are a skilled multi-disciplinary creative leader and practitioner, with at least 8 years experience in brand/marketing/content, both in-house and agency
- Your background is in design, with broad experience including brand identity, art direction, activations/experiential, film, digital media, etc.
- You’ve built award-winning campaigns and content for some of the world's biggest brands, using a combination of creative vision and business acumen
- You have a strong track record of building and leading teams, with an ability to drive accountability and top-notch delivery through motivation, mentorship and development
- You operate with rigor, cut-through and clarity of thought, influencing and persuading others with equal parts joy, humility and expertise
- You do not delegate knowledge—in particular you possess a passion and curiosity for data, metrics and problem-solving to drive business and brand goals forward
- You are empathetic and generous with partners and stakeholders, willing to work with them as needed to evolve cross-functional processes
- You’re a positive and solutions-oriented collaborator who knows how to bring ideas to life through a team during the creative process, as much as rolling up your sleeves and diving into the work to remove creative blockers and help design and deliver thoughtfully when needed
- Your creativity is wonderfully hard to label—you see what most people don’t, responding to complex problems with highly original solutions
- You have an impeccable eye for design and detail—in a crit you have as much of a point of view on the typography as you do on the copywriting
- You geek out on the zeitgeist and keep a deep network of creators and collaborators, consistently tapping into unexpected cultural references and unique partnerships
- Your educational background is rooted in design, with deep skills in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign; bonus points for additional experience in other media (motion graphics, photography, film, code, etc.)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!