Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a passionate and influential leader to join our team as the Director of Product Management. As a Director, you will be responsible for the leadership development of Group Product Managers who own the development and delivery of the product roadmap. You should be a leader that is passionate about developing great experiences that provide value to customers and be adept at knowing how to navigate and positively influence an organization cross functionally at a peer and executive level.
What you'll do here:
- Manage a team of Product Managers and Group Product Managers tasked with leading the product teams to make decisions that ensure the feasibility, viability, and marketability of each product being built
- Drives holistic Domain Product Strategy and effectively influences the priorities of Squads/Domains based on SD Goals and company performance
- Leverages insights to guide Product Management team in defining and measuring opportunities & impact
- Structures and optimizes strategic conversations with Product Management and leadership
- Works with GPMs and Domain Reps to drive cross-domain alignment
- Proactively identifies potential problems with squads/functions, and leads to resolution
- Supports team in delivering product in a data-informed and iterative manner; partner with Insights to drive greater experimentation
- Responsible for career development for Group Product Manager level on down
- Build relationships with peers and senior leadership
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have proven experience as a contributor on cross-functional teams building alignment around the goal of a feature or product
- You have strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- You have strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required)
- You possess strong analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive and influential within and across immediate working groups
- You have a proven track record of leading a Product Management team responsible for successfully delivering SaaS products at scale
- You have the ability to establish trust and credibility with senior leaders across multiple departments and functions
- You are able to manage competing priorities while balancing the needs of our customers to the needs of Mailchimp’s long-term strategy
- You are able to thrive in a fast-paced and quick changing environment
- You have significant experience successfully collecting and transforming business requirements and market needs into a successful product strategy
- You are comfortable working on a strategic level with senior leadership and also on a tactical level with product teams
- You have a strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and a technical background in Engineering is a plus
- You have a bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience in Marketing, Product, Design or Technology
- You have demonstrated work experience delivering a consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) experiences in a SCRUM / Agile environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.