Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
MailChimp’s Operations team is responsible for infrastructure that makes that possible. Team members work closely with our Development, Marketing, and Data Research teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward. We take a pragmatic and practical approach to our stacks; we use proven components and build our own logic and complexity on top of well understood building blocks. We are growing fast and need people who can help advance our infrastructure to deal with the needs of today and tomorrow.
We are seeking an experienced individual who would be part of the Services Engineering team with a focus on providing everything as a service through an API or an automated technology. The ideal candidate will have a history of production and operational Linux experience supporting web based services. You should enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting production issues as well as looking out at the horizon and planning the future of our infrastructure. You are not afraid to programmatically tackle problems or to make pragmatic decisions when implementing new technologies. Finally, you will be instrumental in helping grow the knowledge of your team members.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in Linux system administration (e.g. centos/rhel/ubuntu)
- Experience in scripting and coding (e.g. python, bash, php, go)
- Experience with installing packages and managing local repository services (eg. Pulp, Artifactory)
- Experience with system-level troubleshooting (e.g. logs, top, strace, iostat, netstat, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management tools and their use to standardize and automate configurations (e.g. puppet, chef)
- An understanding of provisioning, configuring, and managing servers and their services (Apache, Nginx, HAProxy, Pacemaker, Corosync, MySQL, BIND, etc.)
- Familiarity with monitoring and troubleshooting network and highly available services including load balancing (e.g. apache/nginx, dns, dhcp, ntp)
- Familiar with container management technologies (e.g. docker, kubernetes, etc.)
What you'll do:
- Help design, implement, configure, document, and support all technologies that we utilize
- Contribute to existing tooling as well as crafting new tools when needed
- Work with other engineering teams to implement technologies to support our current and future products
- Share daily production responsibilities and overnight on-call
- Participate in and facilitate learning opportunities for other team members
- Reduce toil for our team and across engineering
- Provide excellent customer service to our internal customers
- Participate in identifying work, providing expertise and guiding our team roadmap
Bonus points for:
- Experience with provisioning infrastructure and services in cloud environments (eg. GCP, AWS, terraform)
- Familiarity with installing and managing services that provide monitoring, alerting and telemetry for infrastructure, services, and applications (eg. Prometheus, Zabbix, Grafana, Statsd, Graphite, OpsGenie, Statuscake)
- Working with large-scale Linux environments (100+ or 1000+ servers)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.