Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, marketing design and portfolio design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
The Design team makes a meaningful impact on the Mailchimp brand and shapes the perception of our products. We're looking for a Designer to join the Marketing Design team to support all of our marketing initiatives. This role will collaborate with our internal Studio Design team, agencies, writers, and members of the Marketing team to execute exciting, public-facing projects that support the company’s goals. An ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and collaborator who’s able to work independently and in a team setting. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce and the people they work with—and we love a good sense of humor, too.
What you'll do here:
- You will manage and execute digital and print advertising projects in compliance with brand standards
- Translate creative briefs into design assets and systems that meet business goals as defined by brand and marketing managers
- Manage and enhance the CMS design system
- Collaborate with research and growth team to make data-driven design decisions
- Collaborate with designers, writers, artists, agencies, and project managers to deliver beautiful and communicative design.
- Develop wireframes and task flows based on user needs.
- Oversee and approve the creation of all wireframes, prototypes, user flow diagrams and interaction designs
- Apply User Flow and map out pathways an individual will take on our website or platform
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in an agency setting or similar
- You have experience wire framing
- You have an online portfolio demonstrating strong conceptual thinking and a variety of projects
- You have excellent typography and layout skills
- You have expertise in Adobe Creative Suite / Sketch (or similar)
- You have an understanding of CMS systems
- You have strong research skills
- You have the ability to think through design problems and arrive at elegant solutions
- You have the ability to both give and take direction
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You are comfortable collaborating as well as working independently
- You have a clean, polished style with an eye for detail
- You have experience with UI design and strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- You have previous experience with user centered design principles and practices, web/mobile standards, typography and color, and web/mobile usability standards
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience in a professional UX design role
- You have a strong portfolio which showcases your ability and technical knowledge with a range of clients
- You have extensive experience with responsive and mobile UX
- You have In-depth knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, XD, Illustrator, and Sketch
- You are knowledgeable in creating wireframes, visual mockups graphics and user workflows experience with conducting user research and testing.
- You have Native app experience(that's a bonus)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.