Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, skilled, and hands-on Senior Manager of Marketing Analytics who can bring a deep understanding of analytics and the ability to apply those analytics to drive strategic marketing decisions and performance.
This person will help the team prioritize work and identify the most impactful projects that support our brand, product, partnerships, and international marketing campaigns. We’re looking for a skilled collaborator with the technical skills to generate insights quickly and confidently, and who thrives on sharing those insights to influence action. This senior manager will play an integral and highly visible role in combining analytical insights and business acumen to help drive our customer acquisition, growth, and retention strategies and investments.
What you’ll do here:
- Provide actionable insights and a clear point of view on campaign and channel performance
- Work closely with others in the Marketing department to optimize a framework for the prioritization, development, maintenance, and automation of reporting on marketing performance
- Act as an expert resource for marketers, providing guidance on setting and measuring KPIs and goals (revenue or otherwise) for campaigns and marketing investments
- Contribute to a data-informed culture - identify and work to resolve data discrepancies, create data tables needed for analysis and automation
- Partner with Engineering and Product to implement, document, validate, and monitor our tracking and attribution
- Help manage and maintain our database in a SQL/BigQuery environment; run queries for analyses and ongoing reports, as needed
- Create and maintain accurate and actionable reporting and dashboards to track key marketing metrics
- Monitor reporting and dashboards for changes in trends, work with Campaigns & Channels and Website Strategy teams to share or present insights to stakeholders, and make recommendations
- Lead, coach, and hire team members responsible for campaign, site, and channel-specific analytics
- Execute on short-term needs flawlessly, while keeping in mind long-term goals
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Extensive experience in a marketing analytics function with at least 2 years leading teams
- Ability to clearly translate complex analysis into a framework and language that internal stakeholders can understand
- Advanced proficiency with SQL, Excel, and web analytics solutions (Google Analytics)
- Familiarity with Marketing Mix Modeling and a variety of attribution models
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools (bonus points for Looker experience)
- Experience with statistical methods such as regression and hypothesis testing
- Familiarity with GTM and tag implementation
- Experience working with Google BigQuery a plus
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- Bonus for experience reporting on media performance
- Ability to clearly communicate and persuasively present data and conclusions in an organized manner to a wide variety of audiences and up to executive management
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree (business or mathematics a plus or equivalent work experience)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.